[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
xyzz

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by xyzz »

I've made a new build with a bunch of fixes. Please download it from the first post and let me know if it works better for you.

Specifically, cell transitions should not crash anymore (or at least not as often).
densm27

Post by densm27 »

Yes, it works, and stability has improved greatly. I had only one random crash in menu and no crashes on game load or cell transitions.
Btw, I've got one small "feature request": could you add an on-screen button to show console window? Because testing is much more convenient if you have a console ;) My attempts to open it from keyboard failed - keyboard is shown only when focusing text fields, which intercept the ~ key..
Demorde

Post by Demorde »

I got it working on a Blackberry KeyONE (SnapDragon 625) and it works pretty ok - its slow, but definitely playable - but it definitely is the first time I've regretted not having a bigger phone, haha.

I am really, really excited to see where this goes.

It works better at GLes v1 than 2 for me, and sometimes it crashes on start up - but generally it runs well.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Hmm I get fatal error

boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::operator++: Function not implemented "storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/share/openmw/saves"
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Biboran wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 14:36 Hmm I get fatal error

boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::operator++: Function not implemented "storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/share/openmw/saves"
Hi, can you test this apk (apk is inside the zip file) https://github.com/OpenMW/android-port/ ... sue-35.zip and let me know if it fixes the issue for you
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Yes, this issue solved! Now it show me bethesda logo and text about copyrights of zenimax and only then crashes.
Ah nvm second time it worked, probably first time I not setted options. I can't pass thought "type your name" because this controls but it is awesome work! If only you will continue work on this and make at least basic gui more player friendly, it be totally awesome thing!
Ibhram

Post by Ibhram »

Tested in S7 Edge Exynos on android 7.0

Working nice, good fps indoors, not that good outdoors, game mode helps a bit on this. Dialogue subtitles not working, same bugs with water/sky textures. Had only 1 crash when starting the game.

edit: btw, Ive used my original discs+expansions, clean direct install unpatched.
rubejb

Post by rubejb »

Great work so far!

I realize this is very early in development for Android, so perhaps this is just not an option yet... but is there a text or UI scaling option somewhere? I can't read anything on my 5.5" screen. I also realize this would be better played on a tablet, but having it on a phone is pretty dang cool.

I installed the Better Dialogue Font mod that I saw you had in your list, hoping this might increase the text size, but no go.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention my device:

Axon 7 with Android 7.1.1 (at least I think that's the version, it's definitely 7.something)
Mrzombieghost2

Post by Mrzombieghost2 »

rubejb wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 14:09 Great work so far!

I realize this is very early in development for Android, so perhaps this is just not an option yet... but is there a text or UI scaling option somewhere? I can't read anything on my 5.5" screen. I also realize this would be better played on a tablet, but having it on a phone is pretty dang cool.

I installed the Better Dialogue Font mod that I saw you had in your list, hoping this might increase the text size, but no go.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention my device:

Axon 7 with Android 7.1.1 (at least I think that's the version, it's definitely 7.something)
Try lowering the resolution with this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... thin&hl=en
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

It should be possible to scale the GUI, I think that's what the https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... ing-factor option does. I'm thinking about calculating device_dpi / 96 and setting it as the option automatically (I assume 96 dpi corresponds to 1.0 scale).