[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Rewike

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Rewike »

xyzz wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 23:39 I think the positions were changed in https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/commit ... 8cead95e69 you can see the old values there and revert your local settings.cfg to them.

please make the next update the normal touch control of the hero as it should be .. and to press it was possible immediately without a mouse .. I beg you very much. And still very often flies when you boot from the first time to save and when you move the game flies .. what's the problem? if you know something, can you fix it?
LostElo

Post by LostElo »

Tested the port on my Phone:
Samsung J5
2GB RAM
Android 7
*February Patch info:
Glesv1 intro is kinda lagging but works well in game (30 fps indoors... 1~10 fps outdoors on the first vilage, and 14? fps on the forest meanwhile I can't leave seyda neen forest(?) because the APP shutsdown. On night 3~5 fps) Water texture is plain white
Glesv2 intro works normally but ingame is a bit slower than glesv1 ground texture is weird presenting only 2 colors
*March Patch info:
Its considerably the same as february for both graphic librarys but ingame outdoors is way slower... Like kinda unplayable.

Btw i got a question. Will you optimize (even more) the game to run on weaker devices?

Hope it helped and thank you for working on this.
Last edited by LostElo on 04 Mar 2018, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Capostrophic wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 15:57 Haha, whoops, did not see that coming.
I suppose the best I can do is to make the inventory space three icons tall and make the inventory window slightly wider to fix the cut-off armor rating and [Misc] button. Does this look ok?
screenshot000.png

Edit: the problem is, it won't look right on PCs then. I suppose you could wait until GUI scaling feature is more fleshed out.
Problem is the trade window is cut off on the right side, e.g. https://imgur.com/a/ulGnm
Jamow

Post by Jamow »

Thank you so much for making this possible! I tested this out for 5 minutes yesterday, so I didn't get very far (just finished character creation). Here are my first impressions. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 7.0.

The game crashed when I tried to turn the camera using the right analog button before the guard shows up. Didn't crash on the second attempt.

It's really really hard to scroll up and down in text boxes, for example when choosing a class. I had to precisely position the cursor slightly outside the arrow button to do it, otherwise it just selected the row.

When I first equipped the dagger from the table and tried to attack, each attack made the camera rotate quickly to face the ground. I don't know what I did, but it suddenly solved itself.

Otherwise it was fine, same fps experience as everyone else (high indoors, low outdoors), also white water.
gerciolisz

Post by gerciolisz »

Hi guys. I am really happy to experience Morrowind on Android thanks to you.
I am on lg G5 h850 with stock Android 7.0 and everything works fine. I am using goes v1 but game started working better when I changed in game option to trilinear filtering, anisotropic 0 and view distance to Max. Tried Morrowind rebirth mod and it works too. Overall game is playable just sometimes fps drops to low values.I know Android devices work in other way than PC but is there some workaround to change resolution other than device's? My problem is my device is 2417x1440 and I think that is root of all performance problems.

Sometimes game crashes when using cursor but it happens occasionally.

Great job xyzz if you need some logs catlogs or sth else I am here to help.
Ibhram

Post by Ibhram »

About virtual controls... the look stick has a very big initial deadzone that imo makes it very hard to aim; is there any way to edit this? Plus , is there any way to make it have a constant speed instead of it accelerating the further you move off the center? will help a lot on fine aiming.

Also... how to open the magic menu? I equipped the initial ring but have no idea on how to activate it.
Vice09

Post by Vice09 »

Hello to all
I have a problem with the edge of the screen due to the navbar, how can I set it to full screen without that horrible edge? nothing changes from the app menu. thank you

xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Vice09 wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 10:59 Hello to all
I have a problem with the edge of the screen due to the navbar, how can I set it to full screen without that horrible edge? nothing changes from the app menu. thank you

It's on the TODO list but there's a lot of TODOs and only one of me so it's gonna be slooow. Doesn't help that I'm a "lazy ass" :O
krupepe55

Post by krupepe55 »

I saw some posts about poor optimization here and there.
But this is the best we can get, if some doesnt work, its probably because your device is weak. On snapdragon 835, performance is better than any on my pcs.
Its open source implemetation of engine done by great people and than ported by Xyzz and some other people working on this, for us. Apricciate people who puts their time and work to make this happen.
Other thing is, if you want change resolution, its possible by program called screen shift on store. But many modern gpu doesnt show better results, because, it could handle resolution well. But give it a try Gerciolisz.
To Jamow, I noticed this cursor offset too.
And about crash, it crash sometimes for me, not so often. If you move left joystick or probably just touch screen, just at intro, loading screen, it didn't crash just after the loading your game. Maybe it need to initialize controller before it load, but maybe thats happening just for me because i defaultly load my profile, so i dont need to move mouse to load my game.
gerciolisz

Post by gerciolisz »

krupepe55 wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 19:04 I saw some posts about poor optimization here and there.
But this is the best we can get, if some doesnt work, its probably because your device is weak. On snapdragon 835, performance is better than any on my pcs.
Its open source implemetation of engine done by great people and than ported by Xyzz and some other people working on this, for us. Apricciate people who puts their time and work to make this happen.
Other thing is, if you want change resolution, its possible by program called screen shift on store. But many modern gpu doesnt show better results, because, it could handle resolution well. But give it a try Gerciolisz.
To Jamow, I noticed this cursor offset too.
And about crash, it crash sometimes for me, not so often. If you move left joystick or probably just touch screen, just at intro, loading screen, it didn't crash just after the loading your game. Maybe it need to initialize controller before it load, but maybe thats happening just for me because i defaultly load my profile, so i dont need to move mouse to load my game.
Thx a lot I'll try to find some lower res. textures mod maybe that will help. I have no interest in rooting my device now because it have really poor support for custom roms now. Maybe in the future:)
Edit: ok I found that I had some custom textures in textures folder so wiped them and it seems to be working smoothly now.