[WIP] Android port testing

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
mojoswagger1980
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 09 Jun 2018, 06:56

mojoswagger1980 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 06:41
devyl wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 19:47
mojoswagger1980 wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 19:28
devyl wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 16:54
Hey,

OpenMW runs wonderful on a Planet Computers Gemini. Bug could you please add the option to use a bluetooth mouse instead of the touchscreen for looking around?
Complete controller/keyboard support is already in play. you just need to interface it with device then configure via the ingame option. im using a ps4 controller/touchscreen combo and its identical to its pc counterpart in that regard.
Maybe this works with a controller, but the mouse doesn't move the ingame mouse... i cant select/assign it anywhere.
Thats really bizzarre. my standard optical mouse works fine. can you directly interface your mouse via micro-usb (my controller can be). im wondering if its just not listening for the mouse on bt frequency.

mojoswagger1980
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 09 Jun 2018, 08:23

Texafornian wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 17:37
This ESP-less collection of optimized meshes could greatly improve FPS for mobile users:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45384

I haven't tested it on an Android device, but I've seen a big FPS difference on my PC, especially on Solstheim.
ill have to check this out. a patchless patch lol. btw .esp files can be run using the command line argument --content . i tested the official bethesda patches that came bundled in the GoG version . you can see them all load on the same screen the .esm files load on. at least one person managed to get tamriel rebuilt running. i couldnt get the .bsa archives to register :( . but this looks like it could be promising. so its just a matter of unzipping it into data ? no command line argument needed? how do i know if its installed correctly? could you give an example of some item or whatnot that i can use for comparison ?
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 09 Jun 2018, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

mojoswagger1980
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 09 Jun 2018, 08:36

mojoswagger1980 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 06:56
mojoswagger1980 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 06:41
devyl wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 19:47
mojoswagger1980 wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 19:28
devyl wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 16:54
Hey,

OpenMW runs wonderful on a Planet Computers Gemini. Bug could you please add the option to use a bluetooth mouse instead of the touchscreen for looking around?
Complete controller/keyboard support is already in play. you just need to interface it with device then configure via the ingame option. im using a ps4 controller/touchscreen combo and its identical to its pc counterpart in that regard.
Maybe this works with a controller, but the mouse doesn't move the ingame mouse... i cant select/assign it anywhere.
Thats really bizzarre. my standard optical mouse works fine. can you directly interface your mouse via micro-usb (my controller can be). im wondering if its just not listening for the mouse on the port the your bt is using. your mouse wasn't intended for console was it? those are encrypted (at least the sony ones are. cant say for sure about the xbox1 but if its bluetooth for a console it would pretty much have to be. does your mouse use a different bt mac address than your device ? encrypted devices use the same bt mac address as the device they are interfaced wit, by default they have none of there own and wouldnt display one until its been synced with a parent device. are you using any encrypted bt devices (ps4 controller e.g.) . unencrypted devices can function alongside encrypted ones on android if they sync prior to encrypted device and in my case i would have to set it to force the system bt on (by default it overrides this).(it meaning sonys scp driver)
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 09 Jun 2018, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Capostrophic
Posts: 386
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 20:32

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Capostrophic » 09 Jun 2018, 09:38

Yes, just drop it into the data folder. Trees on Bitter Coast (Seyda Neen) should look different, because they use alpha testing and the leaves become sharp.
shitty lingua anglica grammar ftw

mojoswagger1980
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 09 Jun 2018, 10:47

Capostrophic wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 09:38
Yes, just drop it into the data folder. Trees on Bitter Coast (Seyda Neen) should look different, because they use alpha testing and the leaves become sharp.
yeah i was just checking that out . you wouldnt happen to have a tribunal delayed link would you(delays Dark Brotherhood attacks at night til tribunal when they originally came in ) that isnt from nexusmods ? i checked moddb .

devyl
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Sep 2012, 15:54

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by devyl » 09 Jun 2018, 11:46

mojoswagger1980 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 06:41
devyl wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 19:47
mojoswagger1980 wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 19:28
devyl wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 16:54
Hey,

OpenMW runs wonderful on a Planet Computers Gemini. Bug could you please add the option to use a bluetooth mouse instead of the touchscreen for looking around?
Complete controller/keyboard support is already in play. you just need to interface it with device then configure via the ingame option. im using a ps4 controller/touchscreen combo and its identical to its pc counterpart in that regard.
Maybe this works with a controller, but the mouse doesn't move the ingame mouse... i cant select/assign it anywhere.
Thats really bizzarre. my standard optical mouse works fine.
i tried a other mouse (usb) and played a bit around:
i can move the mouse like a trackpad in the menues and i can control the ingame mouse to for example move the virtual joysticks. but this is not how it should work.

csombek
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Jun 2018, 13:18

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by csombek » 09 Jun 2018, 13:13

I was just wondering. Is it possible to make the lock screen and volume buttons work as quick item/magic buttons.

Texafornian
Posts: 8
Joined: 15 Sep 2016, 22:32

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Texafornian » 09 Jun 2018, 15:44

mojoswagger1980 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 10:47
Capostrophic wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 09:38
Yes, just drop it into the data folder. Trees on Bitter Coast (Seyda Neen) should look different, because they use alpha testing and the leaves become sharp.
yeah i was just checking that out . you wouldnt happen to have a tribunal delayed link would you(delays Dark Brotherhood attacks at night til tribunal when they originally came in ) that isnt from nexusmods ? i checked moddb .
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-53-8080

Texafornian
Posts: 8
Joined: 15 Sep 2016, 22:32

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Texafornian » 09 Jun 2018, 17:10

Is there a command line argument to display the FPS (F3 functionality)? I'd like to see if the optimized meshes actually have an impact. BTW it installed with no issues on a Samsung Galaxy S5 and appears to be working very well:

Graphics library: GLESv2 (to fix water)
Resolution: 1920x1080
Interior FPS: Around 30-60 (estimate)
Exterior FPS: Around 15-30 (estimate)

mojoswagger1980
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 09 Jun 2018, 20:06

devyl wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 11:46
mojoswagger1980 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 06:41
devyl wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 19:47
mojoswagger1980 wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 19:28
devyl wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 16:54
Hey,

OpenMW runs wonderful on a Planet Computers Gemini. Bug could you please add the option to use a bluetooth mouse instead of the touchscreen for looking around?
Complete controller/keyboard support is already in play. you just need to interface it with device then configure via the ingame option. im using a ps4 controller/touchscreen combo and its identical to its pc counterpart in that regard.
Maybe this works with a controller, but the mouse doesn't move the ingame mouse... i cant select/assign it anywhere.
Thats really bizzarre. my standard optical mouse works fine.
i tried a other mouse (usb) and played a bit around:
i can move the mouse like a trackpad in the menues and i can control the ingame mouse to for example move the virtual joysticks. but this is not how it should work.
hmmm im not sure where to go with this. check out the controllerdb located in /sdcard/android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw and see if yours is listed. maybe it thinks its somthing else. i wouldnt think a 3rd party keymapper could fix this. if it were the other way around (you had mouse movement but could not use the keys)this would be simple....did you try disabling the touch controls (hiding them). the thought is maybe they are attempting to interpret your mouse feed as stick movements. i had no control when i tried this so its not real likely to help....you could try shrinking them down to nothing. this was what i did to hide them because simply lowering the alpha does not disable they are still there and active. shrinking most likely doesnt disable either but it makes it impoosible to inadvertently activate them . if that fails you might try an older release. if i think of anything else ill post. if you have anything else to add or you get it working (or you break the damn thing in frustration)do the same. people tend to read the longer conversations in forums maybe someone sees this and knows a fix.
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 10 Jun 2018, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests