[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
ayrasci

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by ayrasci »

Just got it running on the Galaxy S9+. Looks and sounds beautiful!! Haven't had a chance to play much yet tho. Touch "joystick" controls are impressively accurate (and I usually hate touch screen joypads). However, the rest of the controls, while abundant and well-intentioned, are a bit confusing and over-whelming. Great work!!
MistFuror

Post by MistFuror »

synapt3c wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 22:00
MistFuror wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 20:33 However, I've been having troubles with it. I can start the game, everything works fine till it's time to exit the starting ship. Every time I try to exit (use the trapdoor, the door opening sound plays till half), the app crashes.
Try to set the graphics library to GLESv2 in the launcher That should also help with the water looking weird.

For those with performance problems, you can try setting the physics FPS to 30 and enabling the Simple collision boxes.

Also, does anyone know if you can change the in-game resolution somehow? Maybe via config files?

And thanks for the sixaxis profile, will get right on testing that.
I tried all of that. I don't get to the point where I can actually see the water since the game crashes every time when I try to exit the ship.
Kjoght

Post by Kjoght »

I have some trouble, with try all of that option
synapt3c

Post by synapt3c »

MistFuror wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 04:35
I tried all of that. I don't get to the point where I can actually see the water since the game crashes every time when I try to exit the ship.

I forgot to mention that you need to reset your config files when changing these settings, otherwise they won't be in effect. You can do that in the main app by clicking the menu dots and selecting the option there.
MistFuror

Post by MistFuror »

Did that too, still crashes every time.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

xyzz wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 01:37 FWIW I tested both upstream and OpenMW OpenSceneGraph and couldn't see any performance improvement from OpenMW's fork.
It says on the tin that the fork doesn't boost you if already GPU limited. Mobile phones have notoriously terrible GPUs, so I'm not too surprised that that would be the case. In any case, lower CPU / power usage is still a small win.
MistFuror

Post by MistFuror »

MistFuror wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 20:33 Awesome work, I am absolutely astonished by the fact that you managed to port Morrowind to android.

However, I've been having troubles with it. I can start the game, everything works fine till it's time to exit the starting ship. Every time I try to exit (use the trapdoor, the door opening sound plays till half), the app crashes.

Here are the logs I grabbed:
Spoiler: Show
Just tested the older app versions, and the version from 25th of March doesn't crash for me, but all the newer ones do. Perhaps it'ss cause of the OpenSceneGraph update? Is there any way to make the used version toggleable?
iSynic

Post by iSynic »

Yeah, just as a follow-up, I can't get very far in either. I reset my config files and changed to GLES2, but I still crash whenever I exit the ship (if not before).

Nvidia Shield TV.
Detharias

Post by Detharias »

I'm going to say that the progress has been incredibly steady, I am running it on the OnePlus 5t, and am having fantastic results, and I have even managed to get about every mod the doesn't run script editor, it's impressive to say the least, and I would love to be able to share some screen shots, I'm honestly quite happy, and I thank you guys for making this a reality,
Detharias

Post by Detharias »

http://imgur.com/a/ZF3e0 got a few screens showing all mods installed, the names have been changed to more easily add them to the list order, my frame rate averaging around 50 with retexture mods, as well as better faces and bodies, if you guys want a full mod list I will be happy to provide it, after a few of the performance mods my frames got around a thirty percent boost, that's with water shader on high, and for anymore screen shots let me know, also if you would like me to test anything I will be happy to (within reason)