[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
whatthe

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by whatthe »

nuitn0ire wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 10:50 Hello !

First, I want to thank the dev of this incredible gift.. it's like a dream, Morrowind on my phone, I do not trust it :)

In the settings before launching the game, choose GLESv2 as your Graphics Library, I think this will fix your water.

The same thing happens to me when I leave the game and come back, I think for now this is normal.
nuitn0ire

Post by nuitn0ire »

Thanks, problem solved.

I ce got a last problem : when I launch the game with my gamepad connected, I don't need virtual buttons, so I hide them. It works, but sometimes, when I am going to differents menus, the cursors simply disappears.. It still is active, but there is no more arrow. It do not occurs in every menu, only in some internals parts. Exemple : if I want to talk to somebody, I will be able to choose subjects on the right part, but not able to go directly in the dialog. Same for the backup. I can navigate in the main menu, but not able to save/load a save game, in this 'sub menu' the arrow is hidden again.

I be got this problem only when I hide the virtual keys.
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

nuitn0ire wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 13:11 Thanks, problem solved.

I ce got a last problem : when I launch the game with my gamepad connected, I don't need virtual buttons, so I hide them. It works, but sometimes, when I am going to differents menus, the cursors simply disappears.. It still is active, but there is no more arrow. It do not occurs in every menu, only in some internals parts. Exemple : if I want to talk to somebody, I will be able to choose subjects on the right part, but not able to go directly in the dialog. Same for the backup. I can navigate in the main menu, but not able to save/load a save game, in this 'sub menu' the arrow is hidden again.

I be got this problem only when I hide the virtual keys.
hi. the hide controls option is broken atm, but you can hide them individually. you can either make them invisible by lowering the alpha or you can shrink them to get rid of them for now . the cursor cannot be messed with or you lose the ability to access the menu.
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 18 Jul 2018, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
mojoswagger1980

nuitn0ire wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 10:50 Hello !

First, I want to thank the dev of this incredible gift.. it's like a dream, Morrowind on my phone, I do not trust it :)

Well, when I discover this port, I ran installing it on my phone and tested it.

Well, what I did in my case to have it runnable :

- Installation of Morrowind with the 2 addons (Bloodmoon & Tribunal) on my PC. It's an ISO version, not a Steam version.
- Renammed "Data Files" folder to "datas" in the installation path
- Copyed the Morrowind directory to the root of my phone
- Installed the actual apk of OpenMW
- Configured the path to /storage/emulated/0/Morrowind/datas/
- Just click on play and... :o :o :o

My phone is a Huwai P10 Pro (chinese spy edition :p) and it seem to works, but have some troubles :

- Water is white, or inexistant
- If I leave the game, when I come back the screen is black

Here is for the moment. Will try it more sooner.

And I repeat, THANK YOU for this gift !

Edit : Guys ! It works like a charm with a gamepad !! I just connect my Gamesir GS4 and tryed to play, without any tunning.. everything work ! Jump, fight, select, mouse, etc.. everything work without tunning ! OMG, it's perfect !
opengl1es lib does not display water correctly use opengl2es. additionally depending on gpu you may have trouble with the cut scenes but they can be deleted (.bik). the water shaders broken dont use. save your game lots! its in beta there is most likely going to be a crash or two til you get it configured the default settings for the pc might be just a tad too much for mobile. suggest disabling pre-instancing . seems to take quite a bit of workload of the processors without much in the way of loading screen lag.water is only nonexistant if you run the water shader (its broken and might not be fixable the opengl2es libs are incomplete and not likely to ever be able utilize this function).
mojoswagger1980

Spell Naming Glitch ?

Hi. i just remebered i wanted to bring this up because i was wondering if it is inherit to openmw or if its a bug do to some miscomunication with sdl2. if i name my own, i cannot name another unless i quit game and re-enter. it will let me make spells after the first but it will not allow naming. Cursor goes solid instead of blinking when placed in naming box and refuses to allow any interaction. i tried with a bluetooth keyboard thinking maybe it was isolated to the built in overlay keyboard but it is not. The way it looks, I'd guess its just a bug in the engine not specific to the mobile port but im not sure. If noone can answer ill try on pc this evening when i get off work and see if the issue persists. its just annoying and doesnt compromise the game so i hesitate to even bother the dev with it (my apologies if it is an engine bug not specific to mobile)but he might want to be aware of it wether he does or can do anything about it at the moment . Thanks !

****edit*****Glitch only occurs when using a controller and can be corrected by simply navigating to the spell name box with onscreen controls. Sorry didnt realize.
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 29 Jul 2018, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Flapheadx

Post by Flapheadx »

Hi,
Any Chance of getting this Ported to Android 4.4? I'd love to play this on my GPD Q9, which seems to be made for Morrowind.
Thanks,
Flo
mojoswagger1980

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 17:13 Spell Naming Glitch ?

Hi. i just remebered i wanted to bring this up because i was wondering if it is inherit to openmw or if its a bug do to some miscomunication with sdl2. if i name my own, i cannot name another unless i quit game and re-enter. it will let me make spells after the first but it will not allow naming. Cursor goes solid instead of blinking when placed in naming box and refuses to allow any interaction. i tried with a bluetooth keyboard thinking maybe it was isolated to the built in overlay keyboard but it is not. The way it looks, I'd guess its just a bug in the engine not specific to the mobile port but im not sure. If noone can answer ill try on pc this evening when i get off work and see if the issue persists. its just annoying and doesnt compromise the game so i hesitate to even bother the dev with it (my apologies if it is an engine bug not specific to mobile)but he might want to be aware of it wether he does or can do anything about it at the moment . Thanks !
i checked and evidently it is uneffected by it as i am unable to duplicate the bug on pc under identical circumstances (well not really lol but as close as a desktop and a phone running the same thing can get to identical) . Has anyone else experienced the above ? i wonder if the keyboard being wired is keeping it from happening on the pc?
mojoswagger1980

Flapheadx wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 01:07 Hi,
Any Chance of getting this Ported to Android 4.4? I'd love to play this on my GPD Q9, which seems to be made for Morrowind.
Thanks,
Flo
Don't think this would do so well with the old JIT compiler . Most of the assets are written in c and c++ only the launcher JAVA. JIT just doesn't have the ndk support and requires a lot more in terms of system resources to pull off compilation. not to say i don't think its possible just the results would be less than desirable. is there no way to update to 5.0.1 ? it would be better for you and its not like its a huge leap. im not very familiar with your device ...i looked at the GPD win briefly, flirted with buying one but at $750 it was just to high a price tag for it. it amounted to being a really nice net book not a gaming laptop and even then its not like i didnt want it lol just couldnt justify the expense. i would think if they were going to ask that kind of money they could at least throw you an update or two.
rstevenson1976

Post by rstevenson1976 »

too late now since I uninstalled out of frustration, but it would be better if the file path didn't have to be entered by hand in a text editor, I reworded and retyped it for days and never got the syntax right
mojoswagger1980

rstevenson1976 wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 21:56 too late now since I uninstalled out of frustration, but it would be better if the file path didn't have to be entered by hand in a text editor, I reworded and retyped it for days and never got the syntax right
the only limitations are 1. the path has to exist and 2. the path can contain no spaces. I'll help if you want or maybe you have had enough of this and just wanted to vent. If you want to try again rename the folder data files to data-files (or anything else wothout any spaces) then try entering /storage/emulated/0/Morrowind/Data-Files/ as the path to data. If you have your game on files on external sdcard that path wont work, unless you omit the 0 and replace emulated with whatever hexidecimal identifier your device has assigned it, but that should work for an internal storage game data path.