[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
BornSilenced

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by BornSilenced »

I downloaded the latest version a few days ago and set it up, but it crashed where I left the ship to Seyda Neen. I checked the created log file and it looked like there was missing data files. So I proceeded to get a fresh batch of files and now the game won't even get to the main menu.
Vice09

Post by Vice09 »

xyzz wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 01:28

Hi. Any news? Improvements?
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

have an issue with the game potentially crashing whenever i open a door and a load needs to occur. its the only time i ever have it crash do i just quick save for now b4 openining doors. i read in an earlier post a the march 25 version doesnt crash but i also noted joystick testing doesnt begin til next version which is a deal breaker. i seriously cant stand playing games with just a touch interface its rediculous trying to layout a control setup on a 2d surface that were obviously intended 3d. if everything would map to the controller or if it was feasible to roll with a keyboard mouse (lol just the thought of breaking out a keyboard to play on a phone.....no im not being that guy) id most likely do that. as it seems you (the dev) are most likely aware of the issue, i hesitated to post but nobody really fine tuned when the crash occurs so i thought maybe it would help.
MrSpud

Post by MrSpud »

Same here, only crashes after going through doors and loading up. Sometime the game will gradually slow down, reduced fps, then I just know that the next time I go through a door it will crash. Maybe memorie leak? I'm no expert..

Also I noticed the game doesn't always run in the same resolution. What determines that? Performance is an issue so it would be nice to reduce the resolution.
Sonny101

Post by Sonny101 »

tbh I have no issues with crashing at all, except in the first few minutes after creating a new save, I literally have to run through every conversation and skill picking because the game crashes too much there, took me about 10 tries to finally walk out of the building in Seyda Neen and after that it stopped crashing completely, played it for a couple of hours

-LG Nexus 5X, Android 8.1
mojoswagger1980

I notice that while water surface is drastically improved running opengles2 everything below the surface is obscured but, switching to opengles1 fixes this issue at the expense of pretty surface water. additionally, and this could very well just be wishfull thinking, the farther into the game i progress it seems like stability has improved. hasn't crashed since seyda neen (cant remeber it crashing anyway). it could also be i simply pause for a sec to quick save b4 doors now and giving it that extra sec to buffer is saving it . either or lol . thanks so much for all the hard work .

*almost forgot, i have the GoG version and inside the data folder were all the official patches to the game but they had not been installed. use command line argument --content to install. they work like they should and did not invalidate my save game . for clarification i mean the adamantium armor patch, the entertainers patch, the area effect arrows patch, the ebq-artifact patch, the Lafemm armor patch , the bcs sound patch, and the master index patch. Not sure if these came with the steam version , i know they didnt come with the original.
mojoswagger1980

Wookinbing wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 13:08 Hey just wanted to give an update for the Nvidia sheild K1 tablet. Bluetooth controller is now working great, was able to bind some of my other buttons to other commands such as sneak etc.

Was having issues with the game crashing every time I load into a new area, ex: going in or out of a building but I changed the graphics library and no issues with crashing anymore. Folks who cant seem to exit the ship, give this a shot, it may do the trick for you.

Now I just need to get mods figured out :D but otherwise I'd say I have a functional portable version of Morrowind! Thanks again! 8-) 8-)
The games built-in keymapper worked flawlessly on my ds4 controller. Mods are workingish lol. Determining factor being wether or not they can be installed on android (can't patch on pc and move data unfortunately). use command argument --content. just in case the lack of data files tab has you stumped, heres the command line argument i used for the official bethesda released patches
--content morrowind.esm bloodmoon.esm tribunal.esm adamantiumarmor.esp AreaEffectArrows.esp bcsounds.esp EBQ_Artifact.esp entertainers.esp LeFemmArmor.esp master_index.esp
just like the launcher there can be no spaces in path. you can however optionally include a comma after each patch/mod but must have a single space before each new patch. replace everything after the 3 .esm with your mod/patch. can be patch (.esp) or master file (.esm). Feel it prudent to mention the patches i used are official so they can be used without invalidating save-game, community based mods do not always come with this guarantee and once its patched theres no going back (reversion wont fix your save game). Heads up if thats a concern, was for me.
mojoswagger1980

is there anyway to modify the openmw.cfg ? i found it, messed with it a little, but i couldnt tell any difference so i went back and checked and all my changes had been reverted. i cannot play for long using opengles2 it just crashes after 10 minutes or so regardless of what i do. i wanted to disable all the preload options, they are all enabled and the crash always occurs on load so ......yeah a little feed back would be great.
csombek

Post by csombek »

Thank you! I was waiting for this for a very long time. Other than the water surface and crashes when entering a location it's perfect. Modding is tricky but it's worth the time. I use like 30 mods and it's still perfectly stable. The only frustrating thing is that I can't change the scale of the windows and can't search on the map. Also something could be changed with the attack button because after drawing a bow it's impossible to change the direction of the arrow. I play on samsung galaxy s7 and the fps is okay, so all in all great work!
Ltowne89

Post by Ltowne89 »

This is so amazing! I dreamed of being able to play this on my phone now I can!!

The only things I have trouble with is the stats and map window. In the stats on the left collumn, it only shows my name, level, class, strength, and it cuts off after intelligence. I can't scroll down on that side. But on the right side I can scroll down to see all my skill levels.
With the map, I can't enlarge it or scroll around on it to look for places. Am I missing something or is this how it is with this build?
Everything else is amazing I seriously can't believe I have morrowind in my pocket!!