Video settings no longer in game?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
clocknova

Video settings no longer in game?

Post by clocknova »

I just noticed that most of the video settings can no longer be altered from within the game, and now can only be changed by altering the .cfg file. At what point were the video settings removed from the internal game options?
lysol

Re: Video settings no longer in game?

Post by lysol »

Which settings are we specifically talking about? Are you sure they were ingame before?
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

Yes. I used to be able to adjust things like water shaders and such from within the game. Those settings are no longer there.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

They're still there and never were removed. Which OpenMW version/revision are you using? Are you even using OpenMW and not Morrowind.exe? :D
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

Going to the Options menu in the game offers only the Prefs, Audio, and Controls tabs. Graphics settings are gone. I was using 0.42, but I'm currently using 0.43 RC1 for macOS.
Last edited by clocknova on 28 Oct 2017, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's there for me on Windows in the 0.42 release, the latest master branch, and the 0.43 RC builds.
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

Figured it out. The mod "Bigger Vanilla Font" apparently increased the font size enough to push the Video tab out of the window. Or something like that, anyway. Anyone know a better way to increase the game's default font size? My eyes aren't what they used to be.

EDIT:
I just realized that I can resize the settings window to make the Graphics tab reappear with the larger font installed. Now I feel silly. :oops:
Pop000100

Post by Pop000100 »

https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Fonts, is about the more modern font system.