Japanese Translation?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Brightside216

Japanese Translation?

Post by Brightside216 »

I'm just wondering if there is any way to get the Japanese translation for OpenMW? I know it's not official but neither were Russian translations if I remember correctly.
Capostrophic

Re: Japanese Translation?

Post by Capostrophic »

Russian localization by Akella is very much official.

As on the topic, probably not. There's this thing, but it requires japanese support added in MCP. You can probably use some TrueType font with localized game files if you find any.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Proper UTF-8 encoding support (rather than the current codepage selection) would help with something like this. It would require someone to go through the game's esms and make a mod that translates all the dialog, books, script messages, etc, to Unicode-encoded Japanese text though, along with adding a font that supports the necessary Japanese characters.
Brightside216

Post by Brightside216 »

Sory for the late reply, and yeah sorry I realised shortly after I posted I got mixed up with another game regarding the Russian translation. I'd love to try figure out how to make the Japanese translation work with OpenMW but I really have no idea where to even start as the most I've ever modded was a few crappy Minecraft mods when I was 14. I guess I'll just ask around when I have time. Thanks everyone! :)