FPS Low When It Shouldn't Be (Unplayable Levels)

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
akortunov

Re: FPS Low When It Shouldn't Be (Unplayable Levels)

Post by akortunov »

* Animated Morrowind - Merged (<- Again, wish I didn't need to get rid of this.)
There is a well-known problems with "sitting" NPCs, colliding with furniture in this plugin.
I had to disable problematic NPCs (sitting readers, writers and eaters) to use this mod with OpenMW.
But even in this case you will have to use 0.43 (a problem with musicians animations was fixed recently).
CraigShaw

Post by CraigShaw »

akortunov wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 12:51
* Animated Morrowind - Merged (<- Again, wish I didn't need to get rid of this.)
There is a well-known problems with "sitting" NPCs, colliding with furniture in this plugin.
I had to disable problematic NPCs (sitting readers, writers and eaters) to use this mod with OpenMW.
I knew this one had a problem with the collisions, but didn't know that it would cause such a slow down. Interestingly, if I run the individual mods (Animated Morrowind, Animated Morrowind II, and Animated Morrowind - Expanded (I think that's all of them, don't remember) then I don't get the slow down. I only get the slow down with the merged version.
akortunov wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 12:51 But even in this case you will have to use 0.43 (a problem with musicians animations was fixed recently).
I thought 0.43 wasn't even in RC yet? And I can only seem to find the nightly for the Windows binaries.
Last edited by CraigShaw on 27 Sep 2017, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

And I can only seem to find the nightly for the Windows binaries.
Yes, I meaned nighly builds. Also you can wait ultil 0.43 releases before using Animated Morrowind.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It should be easy enough to build your own binaries from Github. I don't think there were ever generic Linux nightlies, and OpenSUSE can't run Ubuntu builds even if the build system was working right now.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

CraigShaw wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 12:05 I take it optimization will only probably kick it at 1.0?
It's happening now, slowly. 1.0 means that we have a viable alternative to morrowind itself, that also means vanilla performance.
CraigShaw

Post by CraigShaw »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 15:35 It should be easy enough to build your own binaries from Github. I don't think there were ever generic Linux nightlies, and OpenSUSE can't run Ubuntu builds even if the build system was working right now.
I seem to still be missing something. I can only find the source for 0.42 on Github?
psi29a wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 17:37
CraigShaw wrote: 27 Sep 2017, 12:05 I take it optimization will only probably kick it at 1.0?
It's happening now, slowly. 1.0 means that we have a viable alternative to Morrowind itself, that also means vanilla performance.
Really can't wait for this and wish there was a way I could help, but my programming skills would be no where up to snuff with you guys. Many kudos for the work and love all of you are putting into this.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Your best bet would probably just be building the master branch instead of any specific revision.