How do I disable native controller support?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Kulizma

How do I disable native controller support?

Post by Kulizma »

I'm trying to use my own controller mapping program (Pinnacle Game Profiler) and no matter what I do or what settings I tinker with it won't stop using the native support. As soon as I enter my first command with my controller it turns off PGP and keeps using the native support. I tried running PGP in persistent mode which stopped it from being turned off but now its just taking input from both my custom mapping and the native one. I tried turning on a "Block native controller support" feature from PGP itself but that didn't work. I tried to unbind every key under the "Controller" tab but I couldn't find a way to do that nor could I find a disable option for controller. I tried digging through the files and changing/deleting anything that had to do with controllers but that didn't work either (I made backups of course). I've been at this for hours and its really beginning to frustrate me. PGP uses the keyboard and mouse binds and maps them to the controller and allows me to also make custom commands like toggles, button combos (bumper+D pad for spell/weapon scrolling for example), and many other things. All I want to do is make it so that it stops using the "Controller" binds when my controller is plugged in and make it only use the "Keyboard/Mouse" binds. Am I blind and stupid or is there no way to toggle or turn the native support off like you can in vanilla morrowind?

Thanks in advance!
Pop000100

Re: How do I disable native controller support?

Post by Pop000100 »

try backing up and renaming gamecontrollerdb.txt in openmw install folder.
Kulizma

Post by Kulizma »

Pop000100 wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 04:35 try backing up and renaming gamecontrollerdb.txt in openmw install folder.
I deleted it after making a backup copy and it still didnt work, I'll try simply renaming it and see if that does the trick. Thanks!
Kulizma

Post by Kulizma »

Nope renaming didn't do the trick either. Previously I tried deleting it but even now renaming it, deleting the contents, moving it out of the folder etc. doesn't do anything either.

I also figured out a way to "unbind" the keys under "Controls" since it forces you to enter a key, I just kept putting the same keybind for every action, which basically removed the bind from the previous one until they all said "None". I kept autosave since there was no other way to unbind the last key without reassigning it.

Go into game and its STILL using the default control keybinds, even though they all say "None"...

Image (img doesnt seem to be working on my end so heres a link to the gyazo screenshot)

https://gyazo.com/2e19b6d6fc9aa7de12438b2dd570b3db

All the keys work as if they still had default keybinds and it completely ignores the fact that they aren't bound to anything. The tutorials are even using the Controller binds because the fact that a controller is plugged in takes priority, so it keeps filling in the blanks with "Press None" or "Use None to activate.." etc

Edit: It seems to be working for everything except for the thumbsticks (running and looking around). Those are still working through the games native controller support as there is no way to unbind them from the Controller settings.