Openmw CS

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
thangtamfive

Openmw CS

Post by thangtamfive »

I recently tried to get the CS from my package manager, but it wants to uninstall the launcher and engine and data because they are not trusty and the CS is, even though they all are the same 3.8 whatever build. if i click ok, then it marks them for removal but doesnt indicate it will replace them with trusty builds of the game files it wants to remove. its like it wont allow both, either CS and nothing else, or no cs and i still have openmw installed to play. so, my question is this. if i do that, will i be able to install the trusty package of the engine and launcher once i install the CS? or would this basically ruin my install and i would have to reverse things to where i dont have the CS any more? if they are the same build family, then why does it cry about incompatibility? shouldn't it just install the dependencies and then install the CS? also, if i were able to install the trusty builds of the same version of the engine, launcher, and data i already have, would that mean my config files get overwritten by the reinstall of the same version that is only different because it is labelled trusty?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Openmw CS

Post by psi29a »

OpenMW for Trusty is only available on the PPA, not in Ubuntu proper. We've had a number of problems dealing with dependencies not being in downstream so we've had to keep up to date by hosting these libs on our PPA as well.

You're best bet to making OpenMW work is to uninstall everything having to do with OpenMW, then re-installing OpenMW. This should pull in the right dependencies and you're on your way.