Scalability and morrowind's script

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Vivec

Scalability and morrowind's script

Post by Vivec »

I have 2 questions:

1) Will it be possible, with version 1.0, to make mod scaling monsters' lvl ?

2) Where I could find full script of Morrowind, containing dialogs, books and descriptions ?
There are sound files, meshes and icons but I can't see nothing with the texts used in game.
ezze

Re: Scalability and morrowind's script

Post by ezze »

1- the universal answer to that kind of questions is: yes if somebody implements it. To be more specific it seems really doable.

2- did you try the uesp ? I find it very complete.
Vivec

Post by Vivec »

Yeah, but I have problem with dialogs, they are dispersed in different npcs page and many of them doesn't have any. I have thought that in game's files I can find some assets conatining solely subtitles which appear on the screen during game, organized by character or item - the same like sounds are placed in corresponding files. I didn't modified game before so maybe I am wrong in this assumption.
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

Vivec wrote:2) Where I could find full script of Morrowind, containing dialogs, books and descriptions ?
There are sound files, meshes and icons but I can't see nothing with the texts used in game.
All this and much more is saved in the Morrowind.esm. You have to load it in the original Construction Set or another editor like the OpenMW-CS to view and edit it.
Vivec

Post by Vivec »

Thank you, I have found everything what I wanted :)