OpenMW leveled list fixer

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
AnyOldName3

Re: OpenMW leveled list fixer

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If this functionality ever ends up in OpenMW, it's likely to end up in the editor rather than the launcher. I guess maybe we'll end up with some method of scripting the editor (maybe even the ability to run xEdit scripts) and this should become easy to include.
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

why not both.jpg
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

Seems like it would make sense as part of the launcher as well, seeing as how it's more of an end-user kind of function. After installing lots of mods, players will want to be able to merge their lists before playing. That is, assuming the launcher eventually takes on more of a mod manager role, which I believe it should.
jmelesky

Post by jmelesky »

Since this functionality is really for users installing mods, not for mod-makers, I think it's better in the launcher than the editor. Most users don't open the editor at all.

I'm perfectly fine with someone rolling this functionality into the launcher, I just don't want it to be me. :)

I've definitely run into people having trouble using omwllf because they're unused to the command line, so my main priority is to give it a bit of a GUI wrapper (and package it into a single download so they don't have to worry about installing python). Not likely to get to that before the holilday season, though.

Patches accepted, of course.
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

It seems to me that having the launcher contain all of the features of a mod manager is such an obvious choice that I'm amazed it's even open for discussion. OpenMW users should be able to install (maybe download) mods, automatically adjust their load order (mlox), merge their levelled lists AND objects (omwllf, ???), and whatever else a good Morrowind install needs, right from within the launcher.

Just don't ask me to do it. :D
eddie5

Post by eddie5 »

I get a fatal crash when I load a mod that does nothing but DELETE leveled list items.
Specifically:
GIANTS ultimate (http://mw.modhistory.com/download-24-7302) which is fine by itself, and
The patch to remove in-town attacks (http://mw.modhistory.com/download-24-9126) omwlly.py errors out here.

Easy enough to work around but thought you might want to know.