Storage Behavior in OpenMW?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Dyskos

Storage Behavior in OpenMW?

Post by Dyskos »

So, I need a place to safely store some misc. items, mostly unnecessary artifacts that I'll never need again, but want to keep because sentimentality. I've heard that some places in vanilla Morrowind aren't safe to store items, because they'll be truncated or spawned out at some point. Well, I'm not interested in lugging around all this extra stuff, and there are no player houses that can be bought, but there are some vacant houses I would like to take over. So, I wanted to know what storage behavior in OpenMW is like. Does it attempt to replicate vanilla Morrowind behavior precisely? Or does it have an improved and generally more permanent system of storing items? Thanks to all in advance! Currently a level 21 Orc Speedsword. :)
DestinedToDie

Re: Storage Behavior in OpenMW?

Post by DestinedToDie »

Same as vanilla Morrowind. If you want infinite storage space, there is the corpse of Vudunius Nucius, or that vacant house in Balmora with the corpse of a Hlaalu noble. Both stay in the game permanently.

Btw while you cannot buy a house, you can join one of the greater houses and later on buy some land and build a fortress of sorts.