2. which windows have been pinned is not saved, so that when I (re)load a game I have to re-pin them all over again. Only annoying, but I count this a bug as the engine should keep track of whether a window is pinned or not.
AFAIK, the windows settings (position and height) are globally saved (and can be seen in your local settings file). I guess that this is the reason why the pinned windows aren't saved in the first place -- to avoid pinning throughout different character builds. We'd only need to add flags for every window in order to keep track of the pinned status, which would solve your issue.
3. cannot unlock door with open spells via telekinesis: cast tele, aim some unlocked chest, cast an open on touch spell and nothing happens. Since I am playing a glass cannon mage relying on open spells to get in places and steal stuff, this is really annoying.
I didn't know that this is possible in vanilla Morrowind. Sounds logical though.
- (MCP Better Typography) the book font is too large with few words per page. Also applies to the journal.
Maybe we could change that. But scaling the font could mess up things, e.g., images or other layout-related stuff.
- (MCP Shortuct Key Improvements) have to shift-lmb to move the whole stack, when moving the whole stack should be the default action and thus bound to lmb. Really annoying. Also, missing the ability to hit space to close dialogue and book windows.
You can already use the Escape key to close windows. As for the stacking shortcuts: take/transfer item and arrow enchantments
- (MCP Spell select by Name) if you are like me and have a long list of spells you really need better ways to navigate around it.
- (MCP Do Not Loot on Dispose) another handy convenience.
These would be nice to have (as an option, of course).
- the owned status of items is also shown in the barter dialogue which is odd to say the least.
It's generally odd to know the owner of each and every item you have "acquired" during your journeys. Maybe someone is willing to adjust the Owned option to only apply to the inventory window.
- the order of the quests in the journal makes no sense.
Damn, you're right.