OpenGEX as .Nif alternative for OpenMW

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenGEX as .Nif alternative for OpenMW

Post by psi29a »

He didn't disable osgdb_dae, it was never built in Debian nor in Ubuntu, no one ever bothered to install the libcollada-dom-2.4-dev package otherwise it would have been built automatically.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

He definitely said he'd not built it, so I'd thought that he'd set the relevant CMake setting to false to disable it intentionally when creating his makefiles.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 11:42 He definitely said he'd not built it, so I'd thought that he'd set the relevant CMake setting to false to disable it intentionally when creating his makefiles.
Is possible, but downstream just didn't even bother to add the libcollada dependancy to the package, so when they are built they check if it's available, which it isn't, and doesn't bother making it.

I'm having another problem atm... if I make a debug build of OSG, then I use osgviewerd (d for debug) (via osgDB -> osgdb_dae) to view collada 1.4, 1.4.1 and 1.5 schema models, it works as expected. However, release and relwithdebinfo builds error out saying that they aren't collada files. It's very strange.

Thanks for those commits though! :)
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I'll try to remember to check that later, then.
MiroslavXO

Re: Recent Negativity Regarding OpenMW

Post by MiroslavXO »

Btw. any progress on some plugin for rigging and animating characters? Support for fbx, alembic...

EDIT: Moved this post to a more suitable thread than the way too messy negativity-thread. /Lysol
MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

glTF exporter is now part of the Blender (2.80)
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Support for formats comes from OSG, so if the OSG you are using has it compiled in... it should 'just work'.

Animation on the other hand is something else entirely. The collada plugin (dae) has animation support, but because the terms used in rigging and kf are not the same as what we use (which is closer to NIF) then you'll get warnings about it. No further work has gone into this yet.

If someone would like to work on this, feel free. :)
wareya

Post by wareya »

The glTF exporter in blender 3 is for glTF 2.0, which is a completely different format from the original glTF. It's also a lot better. Based on hearsay glTF2.0 is basically the first 3d interchange format that's actually good.
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

wareya wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 13:43 The glTF exporter in blender 3 is for glTF 2.0, which is a completely different format from the original glTF. It's also a lot better. Based on hearsay glTF2.0 is basically the first 3d interchange format that's actually good.
Godot 3 uses it, it might be worth looking at its code to see how it handles the format.
wareya

Post by wareya »

glTF 2.0 also enforces 1.0 as the meter unit, so if we support it, we should decide whether we want to scale models using it by 64x-ish or not.

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF/tr ... -and-units