A problem with Tel Uvirith?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
weedfreak

A problem with Tel Uvirith?

Post by weedfreak »

I am not sure if it is my setup or a general problem but Tel Uvirith does not appear in my game.

I can see it and other things in Uvirith's Grave Cell using the CS but if I coc there in game, with no mods, the cell is just barren rocky hills. I next ried coc to Tel Uvirith, Tower Lower which is Okay until I leave by the door, I am then standing in Uvirith's Grave and the tower door should be behind me but it is not, the tower and the bridge are missing.

Is this happening for anyone else?
DestinedToDie

Re: A problem with Tel Uvirith?

Post by DestinedToDie »

Tel Uvirith is not supposed to be there until you progress far enough in house questlines. The interiors still exist, which is why you can use hacks to access them although you shouldn´t be able to at this point of the game.

Spoilers here. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Tel_Uvirith
weedfreak

Post by weedfreak »

Thanks for that.

I was testing out LGNPC Tel Uvirith mod, and it showed all the doors in Uvirith's Grave without the buildings for a new player, no house quests started. Which is why I tried it without mods. v 1.31 of this mod is currently broken, several script errors and I get

Code: Select all

ESM Error: String table overflow
 File: .../data/LGNPC_TelUvirith.esp
 Record: SCPT
 Subrecord: SCVR
 Offset: 0x1155a
on startup with the mod enabled. is working on it.
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

it showed all the doors in Uvirith's Grave without the buildings for a new player, no house quests started.
If you mean it showed the doors on the map, that was happening in OpenMW regardless of mods, but was fixed a few days ago. If it bothers you you can try the nightly build in this topic viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808, and it will probably be fixed. It probably won't fix the other errors, though.
ShadowRadiance

Post by ShadowRadiance »

The error seems to be caused by Tel_Uvirith.esp containing a script name that is too long.

Specifically: jo_tu_SadrithMoraHermitage_Script

The script doesn't appear to be called anywhere or actually attached to any object (despite what it states in its comment text).

Changing the script name to jo_tu_SadrithMoraHermitage_Scr seemed to fix the problem for me.

However, I also fixed several other horrible script errors in that mod (like using = instead of ==, missing parentheses, mismatched if/elseif/endif structures).

I've notified the LGNPC team via http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/160349 ... -and-news/