Graphics glitch when outside

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
ray648

Graphics glitch when outside

Post by ray648 »

Just downloaded version 0.39 and I'm getting a weird graphics glitch when outside. These strange white objects with yellow triangles over them are everywhere. It only happens when outside as far as I can tell (although I didn't go any further than the initial character creation because the drop in framerate due to this makes it unplayable). Version 0.36.1 works perfectly for me.

I am running on a 2011 macbook pro, with an AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics chip. Screenshot was taken running in a window, but that's only because doing so made it easier to get a screenshot, the exact same thing happens full screen.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 23.27.53.png
johndh

Re: Graphics glitch when outside

Post by johndh »

That means there's a mesh that can't be displayed. Do you get any error messages related to this? Are you running any mods?
ray648

Post by ray648 »

I didn't get any error messages, but good call on the mods. I checked the data files list and apparently I have some I didn't know I had. I guess that is what happens when you don't play for months. Anyway, I unticked them and now it all behaves nicely. Thanks for the pointer.
Tels

Post by Tels »

ray648 wrote:I didn't get any error messages, but good call on the mods. I checked the data files list and apparently I have some I didn't know I had. I guess that is what happens when you don't play for months. Anyway, I unticked them and now it all behaves nicely. Thanks for the pointer.
I have the same issue when playing with the "Better Bodies" mod enabled. Disabling it makes these yellow boxes disappear (but then you got the plain old bodies).

Running openmw 0.39 on Kubuntu 64bit.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Reinstall BB then, or check if you're ponting to the correct folder in openmw.cfg
Tels

Post by Tels »

lysol wrote:Reinstall BB then, or check if you're ponting to the correct folder in openmw.cfg
Both do not help. Specifically tried BB as the only add-on for openmw, and the glitch still appears. So it seems it really is broken in 0.39 on linux.