Way to Contact Xandaros regarding Uvirith's Legacy Testing

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Jasons073

Way to Contact Xandaros regarding Uvirith's Legacy Testing

Post by Jasons073 »

Hello All!

I've done a lot of testing for Stuporstar, who is in the process of trying to make Uvirith's Legacy OpenMW compatible. I am in the process of trying to form a semi-itemized list of what features work and what do not, and noticed that the user "Xandaros" has already done some testing on the current OpenMW build. Does anyone know how to contact him? I want to incorporate any notes he might have into the Google Doc where I intend on keeping track of bugs, so as to avoid redundant future tests and provide Stuporstar with complete feedback. I would of course credit him for anything he found. Thanks!

--Jason
magamo

Re: Way to Contact Xandaros regarding Uvirith's Legacy Testi

Post by magamo »

Jasons073 wrote:Hello All!

I've done a lot of testing for Stuporstar, who is in the process of trying to make Uvirith's Legacy OpenMW compatible. I am in the process of trying to form a semi-itemized list of what features work and what do not, and noticed that the user "Xandaros" has already done some testing on the current OpenMW build. Does anyone know how to contact him? I want to incorporate any notes he might have into the Google Doc where I intend on keeping track of bugs, so as to avoid redundant future tests and provide Stuporstar with complete feedback. I would of course credit him for anything he found. Thanks!

--Jason
The bug report was submitted through the IRC channel. Not sure if he's a regular there or not.
Xandaros

Post by Xandaros »

magamo wrote:The bug report was submitted through the IRC channel. Not sure if he's a regular there or not.
It was a PM on a different forum, actually, but yes - I do idle on IRC :)
Jasons073 wrote:Does anyone know how to contact him?
Since I now have a forum account here, you can simply PM me if you want. Otherwise, the best option is probably IRC.
Has the advantage of being a form of synchronous communication :P
Jasons073 wrote:I want to incorporate any notes he might have into the Google Doc where I intend on keeping track of bugs, so as to avoid redundant future tests and provide Stuporstar with complete feedback.
  • One time, the golden saints in Llapp's(Or however that guy is spelt...) room got walking. Might've been something I did, though, so take that with a grain of salt.
  • Bag of holding works now after an update (when I messaged Stuporstar originally, that update was not out yet). However, after opening the bag once, it cannot be opened again until you open the “main” bag again. Only exception to this is if you are in the secret lab.
  • There was a typo in the alchemy table script. I mentioned the specifics in my PM. It's probably fixed by now, but if you need the exact problem, I can dig it up again. It was just an additional character at the end of a line.
  • The inscription scroll rituals don't work. You can put the ink into the circle just fine, but after placing all the things, you can start the script. I tried a lot of things, opening the scroll from the inventory and from the ground, in the circle and outside, etc. It just doesn't do a thing.

Looking at the script, I see it is supposed to print some messages in case it fails. It doesn't. I think the script is not being loaded at all.
  • The bends of your apprentice and your manager have some really funky textures in 0.39… This was not the case in 0.38.
I've been meaning to cheat the actual inscription quills in to see if the inscribing itself works, but I haven't done that yet.
Jasons073 wrote:I would of course credit him for anything he found.
Credit for finding some problems? Lol, don't bother :P
Jasons073

Post by Jasons073 »

Thank you for these reports!! The bag is actually working as intended (necessary due to limitations without mwse scripting), but I'll check over the other issues. If you remember anything else please let me know, and thanks again!
Xandaros

Post by Xandaros »

Hmm, that is very annoying. I thought you only had to re-link the bag every 72 hours?
Do those limitations still apply with OpenMW's changes on garbage collection?

Also, I understood it in such a way that you get teleported to your secret lab when the bag is not working any more. That is also not the case.

Overall, this makes the bag kind of useless, it's far easier to mark where I am, teleport home to drop off stuff and recall back. :(

I hope you'll find a way around it in OpenMW, because I was really excited about the bag of holding.
Xandaros

Post by Xandaros »

Looks like the tomes of knowledge don't work, either. No errors, but I do get a warning in console.

Otherwise, activating them does nothing. (The warning doesn't seem to be triggered by an attempt to activate, either)
Bonehurtingjuice

Re: Way to Contact Xandaros regarding Uvirith's Legacy Testing

Post by Bonehurtingjuice »

If there are any small or large issues that you guys have noticed before, I'd be happy to keep an eye out for stuff that's fixed and stuff that's still bugged, since I'm just about to start UL and have already played it on vanilla/MGSO Morrowind, so I know how certain stuff is supposed to work.

Is your lift platform behaving weirdly too? It stutters and sometimes drops me right down through it.
Fine Silver Letter Opener has no texture, and the beds have a weird golden glow around them. I will convert my .tga files to .dds and see if that fixes the issue.

It is such a great mod.
Xandaros

Re: Way to Contact Xandaros regarding Uvirith's Legacy Testing

Post by Xandaros »

I know you already found it, but in case somebody else stumbles upon this thread: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4442