Sound Bites and Death

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
PrimordialBronze

Sound Bites and Death

Post by PrimordialBronze » 17 May 2016, 03:33

When NPCs die should some kind of grunt or what have you. NPCs start insult thn after death finish a couple seconds later. Is this relatively easy to fix? And is this the right place to post bugs/issues/errors.

AnyOldName3

Re: Sound Bites and Death

Post by AnyOldName3 » 17 May 2016, 12:15

The best place to report bugs is the OpenMW bugtracker at https://bugs.openmw.org/, but you should probably check to see if the bug has been reported already, especially if it's been marked as fixed since the last release.

For this particular issue, I thought it was something that had been fixed by 0.39, so are you sure your OpenMW is up to date?
AnyOldName3, Master of Shadows

Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa » 17 May 2016, 18:47

To be precise: This issue should have been fixed with version 0.37.
--> https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2281
I had a look at the list of remaining issues and couldn't find a similar one.

@PrimordialBronze: If you're using OpenMW v0.37+ and still have that issue, start a fresh game on your current installation and check again. If the problem persists try a clean installation of OpenMW v0.39 (and a new game). If that doesn't help sign up at our bug tracker and comment on the above-mentioned issue.

silentthief

Post by silentthief » 18 May 2016, 08:49

For the record, they sometimes do say something right when they die. I recall in vanilla MW that the dunmer lady called me stupid when I killed her, and I thought that was the funniest thing (trash talk as they die).

ST the trashtalker
100% not a dev, but I know a little about Linux, MW, and scripting. I try to help. LMK if you have any questions.

Current MW quote: "I don't recall using teleportation. Yet there I was. Alone. Naked."