Anyone getting white graphical blips?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
ianswatson
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 May 2016, 22:33

Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by ianswatson » 14 May 2016, 23:23

They're a few pixels square, or sometimes in a line, and flash quickly (they appear then disappear). Also a seam of sorts - not static on any land or object, but in the display itself (also comes and goes rather quickly).

PrimordialBronze
Posts: 39
Joined: 05 May 2016, 18:19

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by PrimordialBronze » 15 May 2016, 00:42

I've noticed while playing a section of the ground while have this white shimmer/shininess. Would this be what you speak of?

ianswatson
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 May 2016, 22:33

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by ianswatson » 15 May 2016, 12:39

Not really shininess. Here, I managed a screenie:

Image

User avatar
AnyOldName3
Posts: 2096
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 03:25

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by AnyOldName3 » 15 May 2016, 14:01

That almost looks like it's part of the debug overlay leaking into the game, but that's probably just a coincidence. Either way, that's not supposed to happen.
AnyOldName3, Master of Shadows

User avatar
Capostrophic
Posts: 779
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 20:32

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by Capostrophic » 15 May 2016, 14:43

AnyOldName3 wrote:That almost looks like it's part of the debug overlay leaking into the game.
Nah, just a coincidence. I've seen these artifacts earlier and they appear everywhere on the screen.

Though in more aggressive manner than OP's screenshots show.

ianswatson
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 May 2016, 22:33

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by ianswatson » 15 May 2016, 21:47

Capostrophic wrote:
AnyOldName3 wrote:That almost looks like it's part of the debug overlay leaking into the game.
Nah, just a coincidence. I've seen these artifacts earlier and they appear everywhere on the screen.

Though in more aggressive manner than OP's screenshots show.
Oh ya, they're often worse. But this is the screenshot I managed to get.

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 3093
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by raevol » 15 May 2016, 22:39

Can you post your system/graphics info? I haven't seen anything like this in any of my playing. suspicious it's your setup...

K0kt409P
Posts: 148
Joined: 06 Aug 2013, 09:14

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by K0kt409P » 16 May 2016, 08:36

Could it be the ground textures not lining up properly? Does it occur with vanilla textures?

ianswatson
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 May 2016, 22:33

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by ianswatson » 16 May 2016, 10:15

raevol wrote:Can you post your system/graphics info? I haven't seen anything like this in any of my playing. suspicious it's your setup...
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7-6650U 2.2GHz
Iris 540
8GB RAM
K0kt409P wrote:Could it be the ground textures not lining up properly? Does it occur with vanilla textures?
Yeppers, it happens with the game unmodded.

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 3093
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: Anyone getting white graphical blips?

Post by raevol » 16 May 2016, 21:53

Hmm, Intel graphics on Windows 10? Do you have any issues in any other games? Just taking stabs in the dark here...

Post Reply