How to import .osgt file into OpenMW-CS

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zini

Re: How to import .osgt file into OpenMW-CS

Post by Zini »

Quick test: Can you load your content file in OpenMW? If yes, do you see the model you made?
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

It looks like the 0.39 build by K1ll does not include the OSG plugin libaries required for loading .osgt files.
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

Zini wrote:Quick test: Can you load your content file in OpenMW? If yes, do you see the model you made?
I could not see the model in-game although i could have missed it as i'm not sure how to 'find' the players spawn point in OpenMW-CS so i just placed it in cell -1, -1 and went looking for it. I also tried it in morrowind where i can just put it in seyda neen and got the same results in OpenMW-CS. Although given scrawl's response i guess it's to be expected.
scrawl wrote:It looks like the 0.39 build by K1ll does not include the OSG plugin libaries required for loading .osgt files.
Darn, that's unfortunate :( Is it possible to compile the builds in a way that includes the libraries or does osg not work that way? I've not got much of an idea of how these builds are compiled so i have no clue if that's a silly question :P
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

I've just been messing around with textures in the OpenMW Example Suite and i'm trying to make a mod that replaces textures/player_hit_01.dds however when the engine is run and damage is taken it does not use the texture i created.

I have also tried overwriting the file in the main game data folder with no luck, it still uses the old damage texture, is there a hard-coded fallback for this effect?

I have managed to replace the terrain texture, create a specular map for the replaced texture, and replaced the main splash screen, added some music for the main splash screen and game and made it execute some console commands when a new game is started with my mod so i'm sure the files and paths are correct as all of those work, it's just player_hit_01.dds i'm struggling with at the moment.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Darn, that's unfortunate :( Is it possible to compile the builds in a way that includes the libraries or does osg not work that way? I've not got much of an idea of how these builds are compiled so i have no clue if that's a silly question :P
Kindly ask K1ll to include the required file (osgdb_serializers_osg.so). Or compile your own build ;)
I've just been messing around with textures in the OpenMW Example Suite and i'm trying to make a mod that replaces textures/player_hit_01.dds however when the engine is run and damage is taken it does not use the texture i created.
The game will use bm_player_hit_01.dds if it's available (added by Bloodmoon), if not, it will fall back to player_hit_01.dds.
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

scrawl wrote: Kindly ask K1ll to include the required file (osgdb_serializers_osg.so). Or compile your own build ;)
I've not been able to compile OpenMW since version 0.27 i think? There are some dependancy issues on my setup which i think are causing the problems that prevent me from compiling, I need to get some new hard drives for my PC at some point and will reload with an LTS release next time but until then i've been dependant on k1ll's builds in order to play openmw which i'm thankful for.

Thanks :) , bm_player_hit_01.dds seems to work fine, i noticed i cannot run the OpenMW example suite without putting the Morrowind.bsa and other Bethesda .bsa's into the example suite's data folder, because Bloodmoon.bsa is in the game data folder was it using bm_player_hit_01.dds from there and thus ignoring my modded player_hit_01.dds?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Sent k1ll a PM, when it comes back with new builds I'll upload them to github and post again here. :)
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

OK, k1ll came back with new packages and I've uploaded them to github:
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/releas ... nmw-0.39.0

Please test and see if they work for you.

Cheers!
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Does not work... I think that osgdb_osg.so is needed in the plugins directory as well.

Code: Select all

Failed to load 'meshes/buddha statue glsl.osgt': Error loading meshes/buddha statue glsl.osgt: no readerwriter for 'osgt' found
, using marker_error.nif instead

Code: Select all

# Working build
info shared
0x00007effc6dd9cc0  0x00007effc6deccbb  Yes         /home/scrawl/Dev/osg/build/lib/osgPlugins-3.5.2/osgdb_osg.so
0x00007effc69c36a0  0x00007effc6b385bc  Yes         /home/scrawl/Dev/osg/build/lib/libosg.so.3.5.2
0x00007effc652ad80  0x00007effc664e890  Yes         /home/scrawl/Dev/osg/build/lib/osgPlugins-3.5.2/osgdb_serializers_osg.so
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Here is a test case for working osg file support (start openmw-cs, load omwgame, preview 'test' object).
Attachments
osg_test.zip
(59.4 KiB) Downloaded 148 times