Could we have some mod compilations?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
User avatar
Okulo
Posts: 660
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 16:11

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by Okulo » 06 May 2016, 10:50

Thing is with mod compilations is that they're mostly used for the graphical side of the game, and right now I don't think we're at the point where we can fully show that off just yet. I'd like a mod pack with stuff like what Lysol is working on, bringing textures to the quality of $currentYear. Along with some nice shaders and maybe even some proper grass rendering, I think modpacks could be a boon for OpenMW... but not at this point in time.

User avatar
GreyFox
Posts: 40
Joined: 16 Apr 2016, 22:41

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by GreyFox » 06 May 2016, 11:42

I am replacing shiny environment maps in my own installation. I could upload changes I made as a "MGSO - openmw fix" mod for example. The things is it takes time till I discover all the fake bump maps since there doesn't seem to be a naming convention for them.

Vyrukas
Posts: 27
Joined: 01 May 2016, 08:30

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by Vyrukas » 07 May 2016, 04:34

I have a question. .OSG files are able to be used in Morrowind, but I don't really understand how much of an improvement that is over .nif aside from the greater ease of use. From what I'm managed to gleen .OSG currently is only good for static objects, will that change in the future? Will other formats such as .obj or .dae be supported? Different texture formats besides .dds?

I poked around a bit but couldn't find anything about it as a planned or even talked about.

User avatar
Zobator
Posts: 62
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:35

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by Zobator » 07 May 2016, 07:55

GreyFox wrote:I am replacing shiny environment maps in my own installation. I could upload changes I made as a "MGSO - openmw fix" mod for example. The things is it takes time till I discover all the fake bump maps since there doesn't seem to be a naming convention for them.
Care to explain? Does OpenMW handle the enviroment maps differently than vanilla? I've only recently gotten back into modding morrowind after years because of OpenMW getting so close to 1.0. What do you mean with "shiny" enviroment maps and "fake" bump maps?

Chris
Posts: 1425
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 08:33

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by Chris » 07 May 2016, 08:19

Zobator wrote:Care to explain? Does OpenMW handle the enviroment maps differently than vanilla?
It actually handles them like vanilla. But many people use one of the options in Morrowind Code Patch to change the behavior of environment maps for bump mapping to work, since the vanilla engine only applies bump mapping to the environment map.

User avatar
Capostrophic
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 20:32

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by Capostrophic » 07 May 2016, 10:00

Vyrukas wrote:Different texture formats besides .dds?
Useless information: OpenMW certainly supports targa and bitmap texture formats, though dds is preferred. png and jpg are also supported..? Not sure.
shitty lingua anglica grammar ftw

User avatar
GreyFox
Posts: 40
Joined: 16 Apr 2016, 22:41

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by GreyFox » 07 May 2016, 12:20

Chris wrote:
Zobator wrote:Care to explain? Does OpenMW handle the enviroment maps differently than vanilla?
It actually handles them like vanilla. But many people use one of the options in Morrowind Code Patch to change the behavior of environment maps for bump mapping to work, since the vanilla engine only applies bump mapping to the environment map.
Which option where exactly?

User avatar
DestinedToDie
Posts: 1116
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 09:08

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by DestinedToDie » 07 May 2016, 12:34

GreyFox wrote:Which option where exactly?
http://i.imgur.com/axkIoV0.png

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests