Vivec retexture to show off/test shaders

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
User avatar
lysol
Posts: 1325
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: Vivec retexture to show off/test shaders

Post by lysol » 30 Apr 2016, 20:21

raevol wrote: I'm always so disinclined to use mods, because I don't want to spoil the original feel of the game. But it looks like you are trying to preserve that as much as possible, and just make everything look actually *good*. So please keep it up!
That's 80% of the reason why I'm doing this, the other 20% is because it was fun to see how normal maps actually would look in OpenMW.

Too few has actually tried to preserve the original palette, which is very sad IMO. It's nice that people go for their own style too of course, but Morrowinds art style is great, and it's just that it is too low res today. I just want the original game with high res. This is the main reason why I never even tried MGSO. When I look at the screenshots, I see another game, not Morrowind.

When I do these, I always have my texture to the left and the original to the right, just to make sure I get the colors right. Sometimes it's really hard though.

Anyway, I've been doing textures all day, and seriously, there's not that much left to do on Hlaalu. I'll put up a link soon so you guys can try it out.

EDIT: Ok, here's a link to the Hlaalu texture pack. Most textures of the buildings are done, it's mostly details left. And then of course I need to do the leather banners. Those will be the most time consuming thing to do. Please tell me what you think about it so far.

http://www.filedropper.com/lysolhlaalu01

Btw, since the shader testing is done (which was the first reason for why I did this) and since I'm now also working on Hlaalu textures (the title of the thread is Vivec), maybe I should start a new thread in Off Topic? What do you think?
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

User avatar
Capostrophic
Posts: 660
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 20:32

Re: Vivec retexture to show off/test shaders

Post by Capostrophic » 30 Apr 2016, 22:09

Not bad. 8-) Can't wait for "details".

Perhaps you should start a thread with a name like "lysol's retextures for shaders" (just an example), where you could throw your WIPs, concepts, screenshots etc.

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 3015
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: Vivec retexture to show off/test shaders

Post by raevol » 01 May 2016, 03:48

lysol wrote:Too few has actually tried to preserve the original palette, which is very sad IMO. It's nice that people go for their own style too of course, but Morrowinds art style is great, and it's just that it is too low res today. I just want the original game with high res. This is the main reason why I never even tried MGSO. When I look at the screenshots, I see another game, not Morrowind.
Yes I completely agree! I almost tried Morrowind Watercolored but I think I had issues finding it to download...

edit: Ah, that must be the issue, nexusmods charges for membership... guess I can't try the vivec retextured. :(

User avatar
lysol
Posts: 1325
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: Vivec retexture to show off/test shaders

Post by lysol » 01 May 2016, 05:36

raevol wrote: edit: Ah, that must be the issue, nexusmods charges for membership... guess I can't try the vivec retextured. :(
Huh? You don't have to pay for membership? They do ask you for it though, but it should be enough to just pick a "non-membership" server. Try again, I think if you download smaller files, you don't even need an account.

Thanks a lot anyway guys. I'll start a new thread later.
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 3015
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: Vivec retexture to show off/test shaders

Post by raevol » 01 May 2016, 07:38

lysol wrote:Huh? You don't have to pay for membership? They do ask you for it though, but it should be enough to just pick a "non-membership" server. Try again, I think if you download smaller files, you don't even need an account.
Wow, little did I know that not only was I completely misunderstanding the registration process, but I also already had an account. So many failures in a row on my part...

Post Reply