Vivec retexture to show off/test shaders

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Atahualpa

Re: Vivec retexture to show off/test shaders

Post by Atahualpa »

Biboran wrote:Skywind is coprights, they say you can't use his assets.
I didn't mean to copy their assets. Lysol wanted to know what these banners show and I linked him to a source where he can actually see - hopefully true to the original - high resolution versions of the vanilla banners.

@lysol: Just tested your updated textures. They look much less shiny/wet now, although that somehow makes them appear blurrier.

I don't know if anyone has the same issue: At ca. 7 p.m. in-game time, there's a huge performance drop (when the sun vanishes?). It may be due to the high timescale but performance drops from 23 fps to 14 fps - with a small lag in between - and shortly after that goes up to 23 fps again. On sunrise there's only a small drop, barely noticeable.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Thanks for that link! Unfortunately, the one I identified as being Delyn was not based off of the one from Morrowind. I'll look around some more, and maybe I'll have to design something of my own.

Do the less specularity make them blurrier eh? One thing you can try is to remove all the textures named "*_n.dds" and "*_nh.dds" and then extract the texture pack again. It might be that I previosly had a parallax map (_nh.dds) for a certain texture, then removed it and replaced with a simple normal map instead (_n.dds). This means that you won't replace the old file since they have different names, and OpenMW prefers *_nh.dds-files before *_n.dds-files.

Try that. If it does not work, please take a screenshot. The thing is that I had some problems with blurriness before because of some parallax maps. For me, it's not a problem anymore.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Video of the flags that are already done. More to come...

https://youtu.be/jvI-M9owE_E
Svetomech

Post by Svetomech »

Atahualpa wrote:I don't know if anyone has the same issue: At ca. 7 p.m. in-game time, there's a huge performance drop (when the sun vanishes?). It may be due to the high timescale but performance drops from 23 fps to 14 fps - with a small lag in between - and shortly after that goes up to 23 fps again. On sunrise there's only a small drop, barely noticeable.
I think you're better off sending this issue to bugtracker.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Svetomech wrote:
Atahualpa wrote:I don't know if anyone has the same issue: At ca. 7 p.m. in-game time, there's a huge performance drop (when the sun vanishes?). It may be due to the high timescale but performance drops from 23 fps to 14 fps - with a small lag in between - and shortly after that goes up to 23 fps again. On sunrise there's only a small drop, barely noticeable.
I think you're better off sending this issue to bugtracker.
Yup, probably.

Anyway, found a high res version of the exact image of St Olms that is on the banner. Awesome. Now I just need to find Deyln.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Whoah. There went about 8 hours... Haha. Free from work + wife working = I don't have anything else to do. Well, almost...

Since I just did all of the banners in Vivec today, I thought I might upload them in a patch. It only adds the flags + fixes a couple of textures that looked bad before. You therefore need the complete pack that I uploaded yesterday too.

Tell me if something looks bad.

(link is in first post)

Who knows, I might upload 1.0 in a week or so.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Sounds great! I'll have a look at your textures sometime next week - my lecture period starts tomorrow...
Svetomech

Post by Svetomech »

Awesome work on the flags!
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

The flags look awesome indeed! Now, someone should go on and improve the banners' animations / make them correspond to the current wind direction and force - oh, wait! We don't have an airflow simulation. Post-1.0, I guess, post-1.0... :D
lysol

Post by lysol »

Thank you guys. :)