Benchmarks / Hardware Specs

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zobator

Re: Benchmarks

Post by Zobator »

lysol wrote:It uses a Streacom FC9 case (the one without an optical slot), which means that it is totally passively cooled.
Streamcom cases are so epic! :D I'd love to have their DB4 for a multimedia setup!

Quite impressive benchmarks indeed for a passively cooled system :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

Zobator wrote:
lysol wrote:It uses a Streacom FC9 case (the one without an optical slot), which means that it is totally passively cooled.
Streamcom cases are so epic! :D I'd love to have their DB4 for a multimedia setup!

Yes, I'm as happy as I could be really. It's really quick and makes literally no noise at all. I can't even hear any electronic noises. The look of it is totally gorgeous. It comes with a cost though, their cases have a quite high price tag. But for a case in thick aluminium with this look, I think it's worth it. At least if you are after silence.. with a bit of style... 8-)

It would probably work as a gaming setup though. I've read about some one who mounted a mid-range graphics card (think it was a geforce GT650 or 660 or something) and managed to get the graphics card to be cooled on the other half of the case. It worked apparently, but I think you should be careful doing that unless you have money to spare on replacing burnt graphics cards. And having a GT650 isn't that much of a über setup anyway.
Flatlander

Post by Flatlander »

I had to get an account to post this.

I have downgraded my pc a bit for different life situation. So I have a surface pro 2 for my computer. I have been getting a hankering for some morrowind and I happened to discover this site. I just tested 0.41 and I was holding 60 fps inside and out. Now I have not gone trough and readded my mods, but the initial results look great, even on a simple system.
TechNoirMK

Post by TechNoirMK »

Can anyone with potatoes and toasters test the latest nightly?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

45-55 FPS in Balmora @ the settings from the start post.

Intel Core i5 3210M, Nvidia GeForce 610M, 8GB of RAM.
Xenuria

Re: Benchmarks / Hardware Specs

Post by Xenuria »

Hardware
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
RAM: Unknown 1866 CL10 Series 1866 CL10 Series 16GB
MBD: MSI P67A-C43 (MS-7673)

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/4526002

OpenMW
2560 x 1600 (16 : 10) Windowed
Settings.cfg
http://i.imgur.com/YUcM0pf.png Console Errors
http://i.imgur.com/gns90I6.jpg <-- Indoors
http://i.imgur.com/hanapos.jpg <-- outdoors

So FPS takes a nose dive when you are outdoors and if you want distant land and set view distance accordingly while keeping grids to 1, you get maybe 12-25 fps. Not sure what the issue is but hopefully this information is useful.
Nikaim

Post by Nikaim »

Hardware
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB
RAM: 8GB

Windows 7 Pro SP1
OpenMW 0.43 RC
1916x1054 Windowed

Distant land = true
viewing distance = 90000.0
exterior cell load distance = 2

FPS dive when open full info on F3 button
nwah

Post by nwah »

Zobator wrote: 20 Oct 2016, 16:50

It's either a striking coincidence or totally unsurprising, but I have been spending the past few days drooling over HD-Plex and Streacom rigs. I guess OpenMW fans are just huge nerds, and that's the connection.

I am looking to build an optimal fanless mini-ITX workstation.

I'd like to do a Ryzen build, so I can get FreeSync on dual monitors and use lots of ECC memory. Unfortunately, the desktop APUs aren't out yet, so I'd have to go with Bristol Ridge in the meantime, which at least uses the same socket. I know that you can do passive cooling with a GPU, but I like the idea of an APU. With Moore's Law slowing, I think OpenCL provides a way forward, and that's where APUs shine. Also, smaller is better.

The HD-Plex H1.S case is way smaller than the Streacom DB4. With the silver front panel, it is almost as classy on the exterior, and nothing can beat the look of those copper heatsinks inside. *swoon*

Look how pretty it is.

ibexeg

Post by ibexeg »

I would be very interested to know if the new OSG implementation is faster than the Vanilla engine or not?
lysol

Post by lysol »

ibexeg wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 15:11 I would be very interested to know if the new OSG implementation is faster than the Vanilla engine or not?
It depends. Unmodded or not? Etc.