quite outstanding bug in bloodmoon

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
zelurker

quite outstanding bug in bloodmoon

Post by zelurker »

It's aobut the "call wolf" spell. When you get it, the tool tip on the spell displays :
Call Wolf
sEffectSummonCreature01 for 45s on self

and then if you cast it anyway the game freezes and the console is filled with
Error in framelistener: failed to create manual cell ref for smagiccreature01id (unknown ID)

It's with the english version of the game...
scrawl

Re: quite outstanding bug in bloodmoon

Post by scrawl »

This could be an issue if Tribunal.esm is loaded after Bloodmoon.esm. Please show us your openmw.cfg. The correct order should be:

Code: Select all

content=Morrowind.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
sjek

Post by sjek »

Spoiler: Show
ninjae'd
zelurker

Post by zelurker »

Yeah goty edition, right order, latest git, and effect of a mod unlikely, the only mod touching this is Morrowind patch v1.6.6_beta.esm which only removes the auto-calculate from the spell.

But if you say it works in-game for you then I'll have to make some more tests... !
densm27

Post by densm27 »

I encountered this bug with enchantment of Barilzar's Mazed Band (mazed_band_end) from Tribunal. It's meant to summon a Fabricant but the tooltip says "sEffectSummonFabricant for 120s on self", the game freezes on use and log shows
"Error in framelistener: failed to create manual cell ref for fabricant (unknown ID)".
BTW, there really is no creature with ID "fabricant " in tribunal.esm (Russian version), there is a "fabricant_summon".
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Barilzar's mazed band bug (and I believe the Bloodmoon wolf summon bug) is the work of a faulty mod. Someone didn't clean their .esp.
densm27

Post by densm27 »

Yes, exactly! Aand that guy not cleaning esps was actually me. Couldn't even think of it, the only thing that mod did was setting iMonthsToRespawn to 0 until we'll have correct creature respawn implemented.
zelurker

Post by zelurker »

Yeah yeah faulty mods indeed, the odd thing is the cause was some gmst (game settings) touched by these mods which keep all the game settings. I didn't try to find which game setting exactly has this strange consequence, i passed all the mods I could find with such gamesettings to tes3cmd clean. Everything is fixed, the summon spell works correctly again !

At least it's a good indication to show some mods need to be cleaned !
sjek

Post by sjek »

yeps. it works with vanilla files. spells are in the morrowind.esm as empty and updated in bloodmoon.esm. separate 1.6.6.esm so btb edit 1.6.5 doesn't matter as the files are same.