PSA: scrawl's Patreon

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
K0kt409P

PSA: scrawl's Patreon

Post by K0kt409P »

For those (like me) who only read scrawl's blog irregularly but check this forum daily, his Patreon site is now up and accepting patrons! Let's see if we can't get back to the same funding levels we reached before summer!
dEnigma

Re: PSA: scrawl's Patreon

Post by dEnigma »

Thank you, I didn't really visit the forums and his blog for the last few months and totally missed that. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to support him financially this time around since I'm a full time student again, but maybe others can chip in (and who knows, maybe I can even get some sort of scholarship and, since I don't need much money for myself, use some of it to buy him pizza :mrgreen: )
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Unfortunately I'm on a tight budget myself, but I wish you many fortunes Scrawl!
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

A Patreon! Guess I'll have to register there now. Enjoy your pizza, Scrawl. You've earned it.
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Why not just send it directly via PayPal? Patreon takes quite a cut for themselves.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

HiPhish wrote:Why not just send it directly via PayPal? Patreon takes quite a cut for themselves.
So does PayPal. Their rates are a bit harder to parse than Patreon's (which is a flat rate of 5%), but if I'm reading their terms of use correctly, the fee on a $10 (8.89€) payment made via credit card would be 3% + 0.35€ = 0.62€. That's 6.9%.

There are also other reasons to avoid PayPal.

Scrawl also states that Patreon is the preferred way to donate.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Scrawl is being a sneaky one eh?

Since scrawls blog didn't update for a while combined with scrawl "not needing donations anymore", I stopped checking his blog. Thanks for sharing this here. I donated every month before, so of course I'm gonna do it now too.

Still, he need more donors. Come on people! :!:

EDIT: Maybe scrawl needs some cheesy Kickstarter-esque commercial video to really give people a hint on what they are actually sponsoring? Maybe someone could help him with that? Some one with a smooth voice, great humor and video editing skills. Hmm, who could that be? ;)
TechNoirMK

Post by TechNoirMK »

lysol wrote:Maybe scrawl needs some cheesy Kickstarter-esque commercial video to really give people a hint on what they are actually sponsoring?
I've intended to make a cheesy OpenMW commercial video, but at this point it's probably gonna be made in SFM and not gonna happen for the time being.
Ossa

Post by Ossa »

Great initiative! Today's pizza is on me.
nim

Post by nim »

I think he just needs publicity. His Patreon was linked to /r/morrowind recently, and while on the frontpage Scrawl gained some patrons. I obviously can't say for sure whether there is a correlation but it seems likely. I don't know how many views the OpenMW.org front page gets, but I'd wager linking it there (with an explanation etc.) would be a great thing.