[Mod]Vampire Embrace

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
ven

[Mod]Vampire Embrace

Post by ven »

First off, I just want to say openmw is freakin' awesome. I have been loving it so far.

Over the last few days I been searching to see if there is a version of Vampire Embrace that works with openmw or if there were any easy fixes to make it compatible. I had no luck. The only info I found was on this forum and another site.
vampire embrace, or Mel's teleport spells which requires special script access with spells. For whatever reason OpenMW doesn't have it in it's current state
I am not exactly sure what this means, but I am guessing it simply means there is no way it is going to work? and there is no easy fix or existing compatible version?

Testing the Mod

Based on just the tests I did in-game the mod doesn't seem completely broken some of the features do work. You can turn NPCs into Thralls but if you try to make them your victim or vampire child, the script seems to stop working and your character freezes.

Using the dialog options you can drink blood, order your Thralls, but the 'companion share' option window does not open.

When you have your Thrall following you, and you teleport (only tried with coc via console) or sometimes when it seems to get stuck on an object it will start duplicating itself with every movement there after.

The animations for the spells work, but the spells themselves do not seem too.

As far as I can tell so far everything else seems to work.
Tinker

Re: [Mod]Vampire Embrace

Post by Tinker »

Thanks for the test report, even if it is not all good news.

If you open the mod in OpenMW-CS then select validate from the first menu you might get some answers about which scripts are not working and maybe why. Adding that detail to a bug report will help the devs solve the problem, or give you something to get the mod writer to correct if it is a code error in the mod. (there are quite a few errors in mods that were never caught by Bethesda's engine)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I belive that this mod requires script extender, isn't it?
Pop000100

Post by Pop000100 »

Vampire Embrace doesn't require MWSE, so openmw is missing something.
ven

Post by ven »

As Pop mentioned I am now thinking it's simply a matter of code that has not been added or implemented. I tried two other mods that use "Companion Share" and I ran into the same problem of it not working.

--------

Maybe this topic might be better moved to the "Feature Requests and Suggestions" board?
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I added a couple of bug reports last weekend from other mods using companion share, these may be related to this problem as most modders reuse scripts with much alteration. There may be a problem with some scripts and objects having numbers as the first 'letter' or underscores in the name. I seem to remember some discussion here about this a few weeks ago but I am on the road at the moment and cannot check.
Pop000100

Post by Pop000100 »

Tinker wrote:There may be a problem with some scripts and objects having numbers as the first 'letter' or underscores in the name.
I just checked Vampire Embrace with the openmw-cs and found that there is no script in it with numbers or underscores in the first place in its name however if someone wanted to check that tidbit Romance English(mod) does. I like both of them for their flexibility, sadly Morrowind doesn't allow multiple instances of the same script through scripting. :cry:

probably better in the "development" forum over the "features and suggestions" one.
welcome to the forum by the way.
ven

Post by ven »

I can check that for you later this evening for you.

On another note* I been trying various slave / companion mods and found one that seems to work without any issues (well almost). Von's Slave Market + FLIGGERTY'S SLAVE MOD. For some reason the companion share option does work for his. The only issue I have is when I enter the slave market I get a massive amount of lag. But that may have to do with the fact my laptop is kinda dated and its a huge area.
DocClox

Post by DocClox »

I just tried this with 0.36. I created new character (Testy The Vampire Tester) gave used the console to give her Aundae Porphyric Hemophilia, slep for three days in the excise house and then hopped over Addamasartus to test the combat bite.

And it didn't work. I didn't get any freezes as reported earlier, I just knocked my opponent out. I checked and double checked that I had combat bite enabled.

I suppose I should really console-boost her personality and speechcraft and try creating a few thralls and see if that works.

[edit]

... and it doesn't. I can feed from a willing victim and create thralls by feeding, but the companion code still doesn't work. The "Companion Share" topic appears as expected, but clicking on it does nothing save print a full stop in the dialog window.

On a related note, I made a spell to heal my victims so I could feed more frequently. Not having much restoration I made it restore one point a second for 15 seconds since that seemed to get the best value given limited resources.

When I cast similar spells in vanilla MW the yellow target health bar stays until the spell expires or the target is at full health. Here it faded after a second or two. Not sure if this was due to the spell terminating early or just the health bar fading prematurely.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

When I cast similar spells in vanilla MW the yellow target health bar stays until the spell expires or the target is at full health. Here it faded after a second or two. Not sure if this was due to the spell terminating early or just the health bar fading prematurely.
morrowind code patch? IIRC healing would not show target hp bar in the vanilla morrowind at all.