Some mods don't work.

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
KelvinShadewing

Some mods don't work.

Post by KelvinShadewing »

I've been using the Fair Mana Regen and Slave Rescue Makes You Famous mods, and neither of them require MWSE, yet for some reason, don't work at all on OMW. I can't imagine it being that OMW doesn't support mana and fame changing, since that's just a basic variable change, and I see it happen normally in the game. Other mods like area changing ones or ones that add races work perfectly. Any ideas?
Tinker

Re: Some mods don't work.

Post by Tinker »

This is the reason we have the wiki pageto track known working and none working mods. You are welcome to add reports about mod status, preferably also finding exactly why the mod seems to fail and adding a bug report so that a dev will get around to fixing it.

If you prefer I can add the details as not everyone is comfortable with editing wiki pages.

If you let me know which Fair Mana Regen you are using and urls to d/l both these I can look and see what the problem might be.

Update
If the Fair Magica regen is version 2.0b by smoke which seem to be the latest version then there is a script error in mana_regen script, line 26, he has used : as a comment marker instead of ; Morrowind vanilla tended to silently ignore these sort of errors but OpenMW is stricter. The author should be asked to correct the error or it can be done in OpenMW-CS.
Last edited by Tinker on 13 Mar 2015, 10:42, edited 4 times in total.
KelvinShadewing

Post by KelvinShadewing »

Ah, I see. I can correct that in my version; I'll check all my other mods that I have trouble with. Thanks for the link.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I found the slaves mod on Nexus, all it does is add a topic and a dialogue so it should work. I cannot test it in OpenMW-CS as dialogues are not yet implemented. Do you get any error messages in the error log, especially connected with 'go free' topic?
mnom

Post by mnom »

How can I edit the .esp file to fix the line 26? I am using Linux.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Just install OpenMW, open the .esp with OpenMW-CS, edit the script, and save your changes. The .esp file has automatically been converted into a (new) .omwaddon file. Use this file instead of the original .esp.