Rumors?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Rumors?

Post by psi29a »

I love that you integrated the debugging in osg... that information is top notch. It comes default in osgviewer by pressing S, with more debug information for each time you press S. The osgviewer itself can handle lots of formats, great for previewing models.

Will we get to the point where we support more models than just plain NIF?
kojack

Post by kojack »

scrawl wrote:Moving an emitter node causes the emit position for new particles to change. Moving the particle node around causes the position of already emitted particles to change. In Ogre, only the latter statement was true, the first had to be hacked in our code.
The default in ogre is that moving the particle node doesn't move already emitted particles. You have to manually switch to local space in the particle script for particles to move with the node. Moving an emitter changes the emit position for new particles. I don't see what use case you had that needed things to be hacked.
scrawl wrote:- Custom emitters and affectors can be created directly instead of going through a factory system and having to pass parameters through a string interface or UserData.
I haven't made custom affectors, but I've never used factories or string interfaces to do custom particle emission. Here's a bone emitter I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJA03ZBz4oU
A bit lower level than the scripting interface though, but quite easy.

The particle system is annoying though (don't look at it's internals, it's not exactly SOA or cache friendly). I've been planning on making a compute shader based particle system, but that will come after 2.1 stabilises (and I get time).
Pop000100

Post by Pop000100 »

would it be wise to make a separate thread for OSG progress? As it stands the "official" thread for it is called "Rumors?" :lol:
kojack

Post by kojack »

Pop000100 wrote:would it be wise to make a separate thread for OSG progress? As it stands the "official" thread for it is called "Rumors?" :lol:
There already is one, in the development board.
Pop000100

Post by Pop000100 »

now I feel dumb. :?