Wiki page for Mods

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Tinker

Re: Wiki page for Mods

Post by Tinker »

dramakon wrote: Might be worth dropping huskobar a pm
Done. Lets hope for clarity.
Huskobar

Post by Huskobar »

Hello and, yes, my work on UG2 (aka TU2) has stopped for now as my priorities have shifted. I hope to get back to it sometime within the next 20 years. :D The latest link I created is http://www.mediafire.com/download/55zo2 ... eC_v07.rar - I do not know if any re-hosting has occured. This is a standalone re-worked version of Qarl's original (2MB .rar file), not a patch 'overlay'.
I am in no way affiliated with nor have I to date experimented with the binary patch by Noabody.

Aside from my own testing, an independent Let's Play was featured by Icehair beginning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCFiomgz5E and by-and-large it seemed to perform well save for a few identified areas that still need work (e.g. celebratory rockets at end).

The worst crash problem was most commonly associated with the character Vladir Marlinett (NPVladirMarlinett). Someone else identified the logic error and I incorporated a fix in a script Vladir is associated with, SCUGNormalSize (see my note within). My memory is fuzzy on this, but it might have been to do with reversing the order in which Vladir's health is set to '0' and him being re-positioned; you can't re-position someone who's dead. (In the end, I ended up doing away with the re-positioning altogether).

That's about all I can tell you on that. I hope it helps.
Suilenroc

Post by Suilenroc »

Hi all -

First post to these forums, this topic finally made me sign up! I just got OpenMW working on my Ubuntu laptop earlier today. I plan on trying it out Vanilla for a bit, but then to dive into mods. As I add more and test them, I'll update the wiki page.

Great idea, OP!
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Thanks for the help, it is a great way to catch bugs as well, but the main point is to have fun.
bydlo

Post by bydlo »

http://www.somethingfornobody.com/blog/ ... ing-guide/

http://www.somethingfornobody.com/wiki/ ... =Morrowind

These guides served me well for modding MW back when I was using Windows. Most of the other TES players I knew used these mods. One of the only reasons I'd install MW time after time is that I knew there was an easy concrete guide out there for slapping some mods on.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Adding mods to OpenMW is in many cases easier than in vanilla.

Most of the fixes, extenders and updates that were required to get some mods working are not going to be neded in OpenMW, these are already in the engine or will be added once we get to 1.0. The list of known working mods gets longer each month and even the not quite working correctly ones may work as in vanilla.

I think once we get to 1.0 it may well be time to produce a guide for installing mods, though of course everyone will have their own 'perfect' list, in the meantime you know that you can add ones already tested without problems, and if you want to test other ones and provide feedback then you will be most welcome.
Slissith

Post by Slissith »

The Sable Dragon mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/26870/?) causes the game to crash when the player approaches Khuul. Can anyone confirm so that we make a wiki mention?
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I just loaded it in OpenMW-CS and there are a few validity check failures.

manDisplayScript will never run as it has an error in the first line, also in the last line, 'Begin, manDisplayScript' should be 'Begin manDisplayScript'. Also lots of body parts have an invalid race, there is no race '_ar_crn_floux_npc' defined. The eight races that are added also give an error that they have no description though should not cause a crash.

I am not sure why it would crash near Khuul, is there a quest regarding Khuul? Does the crash log give any hints? I will try and test it today and see what I get.

Update

I ran it in OpenMW and it seemed OK, at least for a long time it seemed OK. I visited the Inn got a few quests and went to Khuul for the Adonhurst Crypt quest, which went OK apart from the locked door which was 100 level, but no crashes. I went onto the Korsuss quest, there are problems there with the man_skeleton_arise scripts, the skeletons loop through their opening animation but cannot attack you and you cannot attack them. The error log gives

Code: Select all

Non-Accum root for man_skeleton_arise is skeleton root??
several times.

Checking the error log gave lots of errors

Code: Select all

error line 90, column 34 (,)
    Unexpected special token
compiling failed: AM_Fisherman_script
and hundreds of Unhandled property type: NiShadeProperty errors.
Slissith

Post by Slissith »

Thanks Tinker!

Not sure why it would crash near Khuul either, and the error could very well by a result of incompabilities. However, I encountered no issues at all when I removed it from my Load Order.

Additionally, there's another dungeon added my the mod which contains green spiders. These cannot hit you and nor can you.

Anyway, I'll be making a wiki entry :)
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Thanks Slissith,

the mod author is active as a mod on Bethesda forum, perhaps he could correct the script and race problems?

The AM_Fisherman_script problem is from Animated Morrowind mod, I have contacted the mod author about it.