Wiki page for Mods

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Tinker

Wiki page for Mods

Post by Tinker »

I have added a wiki page to Other Resources for Mods, and their status in regards to working with OpenMW.

You can find the mod you are interested in and see at a glance if it has been tested and found to work, or not as the case may be. The description may give more details and work arounds. Mods will need some retesting with version upgrades as bug fixes could change the status, hopefully not breaking working ones but fixing the not working ones.

The list is small at the moment but anyone can add tested mods to the page, there is a template on the edit page to help. The idea of the list is not to make judgement calls on the quality, usefulness or lore friendliness of any mod just whether it works with OpenMW, data collected may be useful for bug repporting/fixing and getting the original modder involved in fixing problems may lead to further improvements in mods.
dEnigma

Re: Wiki page for Mods

Post by dEnigma »

Nice, just added one more mod, will add more as soon as I have enough time on my hands.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Thanks for helping out, I have several more to add myself but not a lot of time either, at least the framework is there to add to now.
scrawl

Re: Morrowind Definitive Edition

Post by scrawl »

I don't mind this wiki page, but can we please add links to the relevant bug reports for any mods that are marked as "not working yet"? I fear that the page will otherwise get outdated and difficult to maintain.
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

scrawl wrote:I don't mind this wiki page, but can we please add links to the relevant bug reports for any mods that are marked as "not working yet"? I fear that the page will otherwise get outdated and difficult to maintain.
Agreed.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I just realised I had moved the definition of the status into the editing instructions, so I added a graphical legend for end users. I also added a bit about linking to the bug tracker and added some to the descriptions already done.

If anyone has been running any mods without problems for some, while not specifically testing them, could they let me know, it would be nice to get some more green mods on the list.
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

There are loads of purely graphical enhancement mods that work without a problem, but I'm not sure if it is worth listing all of them
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

Listing them all is probably repetitive, but you could point out that most if not all graphics replacement mods should work without issue in OpenMW's 1.0, though it's important to point out that some features (NiStencil) are not currently implemented.
Magecoerlin

Post by Magecoerlin »

I just bought Morrowind after following OpenMW for a couple weeks. I'd played it a couple times in the past, but never really gotten the chance to dive in and comprehend it all. Anyways, my family always ran with macs and it's something kind of stuck with me, which is why OpenMW sounded fantastic! That, plus my yearning for what was lacking in Skyrim and is in Morrowind, and the modding community that has rebuilt the game, got me to come and play.

Anyways, on to what I really want to say. I realized only just now how new that wikipage is about the mods and while I love that you are putting a list up, you should probably create a place to put that others find, specifically with OS in mind. I'm running on a mac and when I played with the rugged signposts, the game worked fine, but the signs disappeared. The posts were there, but the signs were not.

So that's all I really wanted to say. Thanks for trying to pull together all the mods so we know what works and what doesn't. :D
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

dEnigma wrote:There are loads of purely graphical enhancement mods that work without a problem, but I'm not sure if it is worth listing all of them
Perhaps a message that most should work at the top of the page and only add to the list if there is an issue?