Alpha blending problem

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
sandstranger

Re: Alpha blending problem

Post by sandstranger »

d
Last edited by sandstranger on 18 Jan 2018, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

can anybody provide a apk for this game? I have an Nvidia Shield Portable and would love to test this but building from github is just beyond my understanding so if anybody could provide an apk I would really appreciate it
onionland

Post by onionland »

deathblade200 wrote:can anybody provide a apk for this game? I have an Nvidia Shield Portable and would love to test this but building from github is just beyond my understanding so if anybody could provide an apk I would really appreciate it
Hello deathblade, I would first like to clarify that openmw isn't a game, but rather an engine, meaning that you would also have to buy Morrowind to play it, (or download any other games without Morrowind assets made to run on the engine, of which there are currently none).

Sandstranger also has a fairly strict policy of not providing prebuilt packages:
"My position is, java source code is available for building and I think this is enough .
I'm not going to release this port ."
From my experience however compiling programs for android is not too hard however, even though it may be a bit fiddly.
The source as well as some instructions can be found here https://github.com/OpenMW/eclipse-project, I also believe further instructions can be found somewhere on the openmw-wiki, I'm not sure how up to date they are, but I'm sure sandstranger would gladly answer any specific question you have regarding getting everything running.
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

onionland wrote:
deathblade200 wrote:can anybody provide a apk for this game? I have an Nvidia Shield Portable and would love to test this but building from github is just beyond my understanding so if anybody could provide an apk I would really appreciate it
Hello deathblade, I would first like to clarify that openmw isn't a game, but rather an engine, meaning that you would also have to buy Morrowind to play it, (or download any other games without Morrowind assets made to run on the engine, of which there are currently none).

Sandstranger also has a fairly strict policy of not providing prebuilt packages:
"My position is, java source code is available for building and I think this is enough .
I'm not going to release this port ."
From my experience however compiling programs for android is not too hard however, even though it may be a bit fiddly.
The source as well as some instructions can be found here https://github.com/OpenMW/eclipse-project, I also believe further instructions can be found somewhere on the openmw-wiki, I'm not sure how up to date they are, but I'm sure sandstranger would gladly answer any specific question you have regarding getting everything running.

well yeah i know its an engine i own the complete morrowind on steam and yeah ive ready the instructions its way to complicated for me to figure out so I guess I'll never be able to test it out
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

d
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

sandstranger wrote:At this moment , this port with ogre rendering, is unplayable buggy shit. So there is nothing to be tested . With osg glsles rendering, openmw not work yet .
I love your honesty. :D
lysol

Post by lysol »

psi29a wrote:
sandstranger wrote:At this moment , this port with ogre rendering, is unplayable buggy shit. So there is nothing to be tested . With osg glsles rendering, openmw not work yet .
I love your honesty. :D
+1 ! :D
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

d
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Are you still using the eclipse IDE?

I might try my hand at building it for my s3 mini.
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

d