Which OS fo OpenMW

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Cramal

Which OS fo OpenMW

Post by Cramal »

Hi everyone,
I have made my decision : i will install OpenMW.
But i have a double Boot Linux/Windows 7.
I wonder if there is any best choice for the side to install OpenMW : Linux or Windows?
For stability? For easy update?...
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Which OS fo OpenMW

Post by psi29a »

It doesn't matter...

just pick one or both and help us troubleshoot any problems found. :)
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Get both and put the save folder somewhere where both operating systems can read and write, then you have the best of both worlds ;)
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I have no really understood the reason for dual boot systems, I did try it once about 14 years ago but as I had to, well reboot, to change OS it seemed a bit pointless.

In any case I understand there is a bit of a shortage of windows testers so you may want top go that way, or do both.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

I have dual boot on my laptop mostly for professionnal use : some software only work efficiently with windows and other with linux, having both always with you is usefull. And dual boot allows better performance than virtual OS.

That said, back to the business, i want to thank ll the wiki writer because all procedure (installation, moding...) are vey clear.

I moded it and strated a new game : the openMW adventure has began for me.

I hope, i will not have to report any bug, but if i encounter any i will due my tester duty.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Tinker wrote:I have no really understood the reason for dual boot systems, I did try it once about 14 years ago but as I had to, well reboot, to change OS it seemed a bit pointless.
Using Linux as your daily driver is a great thing. It's just that if you want to play a game it's usually Windows-only... for now.
MithrilLeaf

Post by MithrilLeaf »

Okulo wrote:
Tinker wrote:I have no really understood the reason for dual boot systems, I did try it once about 14 years ago but as I had to, well reboot, to change OS it seemed a bit pointless.
Using Linux as your daily driver is a great thing. It's just that if you want to play a game it's usually Windows-only... for now.
This is pretty much the whole reason right here. I'm enjoying a crisp experience on Manjaro with laptop hardware from 7 years ago, and it's quite comparable to Windows 7 running on a modern desktop with a desktop processor that has quadruple the cores and double the RAM.