Do none of the OP game mechanics (features) work still?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Deonsion

Do none of the OP game mechanics (features) work still?

Post by Deonsion »

Hi all, couldn't get drain (Skill) on self and then trainer to cost 1g. But it did adjust the price some after a few tries? Seems like something odd is going on there.

Does the "STARE AT WALL. CAST SOULTRAP + FORTIFY ATTRIBUTE" thing still work?
WeirdSexy

Re: Do none of the OP game mechanics (features) work still?

Post by WeirdSexy »

If it was a mechanic (however poorly designed), we generally replicate it. If it was a bug, we generally make no attempt to replicate it.
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

The drain skill for reduced training price thing is almost certainly a bug. There may be some issues with it, but I'm 99% certain that the only difference between Morrowind and OpenMW's handling of training is that OpenMW would use the permanent value of the skill while Morrowind apparently uses the temporary one to determine training cost.

As far as magic effects, I wouldn't count on any of the old exploits being valid, for the exact same reason as why training won't have the old exploit.
Deonsion

Post by Deonsion »

Bummer :p

Alright, thanks guys. :)
ezze

Post by ezze »

You are welcome to make a mod that replicates the bugs you like for you and other (insane ;) ) players who like them.
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Or just cheat. What's the difference in using an exploit that clearly wasn't meant to be in the game and typing in a console command? Answer: all the time spent running back and fourth to make the exploit work. When you have to cheat, cheat, don't exploit ;)
Deonsion

Post by Deonsion »

But.. but.. exploits aren't cheating! Now I have to do it the legitmate way.. Bummer.. I don't want to cheat. I like the ability to say I didn't use the cheats/consoles of games, but still become OP. :)
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Deonsion wrote:I don't want to cheat. I like the ability to say I didn't use the cheats/consoles of games, but still become OP. :)
And you still can, quite easily, if you know Morrowind good enough.

Side note: I hope all exploits get fixed in a mod in the future.