Asset Update to Ogre3D Discussion Thread

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
DestinedToDie

Re: Asset Update to Ogre3D Discussion Thread

Post by DestinedToDie »

Bumping for publicity. This seems like a great project.
MikeMXellers

Post by MikeMXellers »

Oh wow, I just stumbled upon this thread through a google search and someone posted for the first time in almost a year.

The project appears to be dead, I can't access the project page and I haven't seen anyone post any updates or content at all.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I asked Berandas and he tells me that it is indeed dead, but he still has the files on his HDD for later use. I suppose this could be revived - if you know someone willing to continue it.

Now I wouldn't set up an intricate system to streamline it all like the original author did. It might make workflow easy, but if it's down with an error message after a couple of months, then well... that beats the purpose. I suggest upload to a place like Morrowind Modding history, then let modders take it from there.
zgabuterimon

Post by zgabuterimon »

I am actually interested in continuing his work, tho I have no experience in organizing a team of people, I will contribute as much as I can to this project in terms of meshes and textures.
Katharsas

Post by Katharsas »

Im interested in knowing just the general number of 3D objects / textures that Morrowing has. Any numbers?
MikeMXellers

Post by MikeMXellers »

The ripped meshes folder from the BSA says 5783 for Morrowind, 935 for Bloodmoon and 652 for Tribunal, but then you'd need to discount KF files.

Personally I don't think a direct 1:1 replacement in assets is ideal, I really hate the way that interior titles are built in Morrowind, it's very inflexible and results in very Morrowind style interiors, especially compared to how they work in Skyrim which allows significant more customization, dungeons are largely fine I guess, just a personal preference, I sort of see replacement of in game content being reliant on an ESM an inevitability in order to make proper use of new engine functionality. best example would be face/body morphs for customization, I'd imagine an underwhelming minority of even the rather limited Morrowind community as it is would forgo such additions to the game.