General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Another year is over and it was a very good year. According to Ohloh we had 65 developers working on OpenMW over the past 12 month. There aren't many open source projects that can make this claim.
This number includes both coders and some non-coding contributors and some previously non-coding contributers who have become coders.

After the highly productive 2012 I thought we had reached our top performance, but apparently we have been able to increase our productivity even more. Not only is OpenCS finally getting somewhere, we also brought OpenMW close to being feature complete.

Onto 2014 then, the year where OpenMW 1.0 becomes real. We are certainly off to a good start with OpenMW 0.28, which (at least by the number of issues) will be the biggest release in the history of OpenMW.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: 2014

Post by psi29a »

This is one of the largest open-source teams in the world, and is in the top 2% of all project teams on Ohloh.
Awesome, congratulations everyone!
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

Congratulations!

With the release of OpenMW 1.0.0., the work of the PR-team will probably go sky-high! We'll need a couple of trailers, cheerleaders, screenshots with the OpenMW emblem, and example suite, fireworks, partnerships, banners, balloons, ...
But let's most importantly not forget about the cake!
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Also, we need to organize the 1.0 release party!
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

Awesome, congratulations everyone.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Congrats everyone, I'm super excited for this year!!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Just want to say that I am impressed by and grateful for the dedication and skill of everyone involved in this project. Looking forward to this year and beyond.

Can't wait to produce a video introducing OpenMW v1.0.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Yes, when this hits 1.0, you can garuntee a blitz to take place with people rushing to play it. Not to mention mod it.
Currently the forum is of course set up for development, but you might think about adding parts specifically for after 1.0 such as modding(the major one) and perhaps a subset of forums dedicated to bugs, such as one for graphics bugs and one for everything else as a small example. You are garunteed to have people posting all over the place.(not to mention the languages, the two primary probably being english and russian)
Aside from the fan blitz will be the media blitz, I am absolutely sure you will get requests for interviews from a few major gaming sites. Creating a game like this isnt a small accomplishment afterall.

Looks to be a great year. Lets hope the momentum can be continued for making this more than MW ever could be.(although with mapping, it already practically is)
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

Congratulations, this project is the most amazing thing ever. Another 10 years of Morrowind are to come :mrgreen:

I agree with Tarius on the modding section for the forums! Actually I would vote for one to be added already, might motivate a few people to prepare some stuff for 1.0 release.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

PeterBitt wrote:I agree with Tarius on the modding section for the forums! Actually I would vote for one to be added already, might motivate a few people to prepare some stuff for 1.0 release.
Please send me nice one, or two sentence description of modding forum and it will be added :)