Please update the FAQ

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Greendogo

Re: Please update the FAQ

Post by Greendogo »

lgromanowski wrote:
Greendogo wrote:I noticed there are several errors in the FAQ that were corrected in my upload; were there some corrections that you disagreed with?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what do you mean. Did I missed something from your html file (I converted it to plain text, and I did ctrl-c + ctrl-v parts of it where I saw a change)? If so, would you show me which parts are missing, or wrongly copied?
Hmmm. It must be my fault then. I had a rough draft which is perhaps what I uploaded. I'll check it out.

Or, perhaps the changes were too small to notice easily?
Last edited by Greendogo on 28 Jun 2013, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

It seems that may have been the case. The corrections were easy to miss. I'll just point out the errors that still remain here:

In the first paragraph:
Spoiler: Show
Under "What is the “Old” OpenMW vs the “New” OpenMW?":
Under "Do I need Morrowind?":
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Thanks! FAQ is now updated.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

You still need to switch "own currently" to "currently own" and you'll be done.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Greendogo wrote:You still need to switch "own currently" to "currently own" and you'll be done.
You're right, it's fixed now. Thanks! :)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

No problem! :)
jimgagne

Post by jimgagne »

I just posted my frustrating experience trying to run Morrowind under OpenMW on my Mac Pro (it's in "In over my head"). One problem is neither the FAQ nor the installation instructions address the following:

1) How to hook up your Morrowind files to OpenMW; what is the default location of these files for OpenMW to find them?
2) Where are they located in the standard Windows and Crossover installations of Morrowind?
3) Do you need the entire contents of the Data Files folder or just Morrowind.esm and Morrowind.ini?
4) Which versions of Morrowind work properly? Is it compatible with the Morrowind Game of the Year version, which includes the two expansions? (Once I updated it to version 1.2, the Morrowind.esm file under Crossover is exactly the same size as the GotY version file.)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Hi, I have seen your frustration in this post, and I'm starting to be frustrated as well by the people who can't find support forum and instead post in the general discussion random topic.
jimgagne

Post by jimgagne »

The problem with the Support forum is it appears to be mostly questions about DEVELOPING OpenMW, rather than users having trouble using it. The developers may wish to separate these functions.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

sirherrbatka wrote:Hi, I have seen your frustration in this post, and I'm starting to be frustrated as well by the people who can't find support forum and instead post in the general discussion random topic.
Don't blame the user. Instead, look at what you can do to fix the problem.