MyGUI Feedback

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
pvdk

Re: MyGUI Feedback

Post by pvdk »

Altren wrote:Though, It have nothing to do with rotations that Lazaroth asked about, since it is static rotation used to customize skin.
No, for example the resize cursor textures comes in one direction, but it needs to be rotated for each direction you can resize the window. Again, rotating the cursors with an image editing program is out of the question. It would be nice if we could apply a rotation to the cursor in the xml file instead of doing it manually in code.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Creating a ResourceTrueTypeFont in code is now possible in SVN, but not ResourceManualFont :(
Altren

Post by Altren »

scrawl wrote:Creating a ResourceTrueTypeFont in code is now possible in SVN, but not ResourceManualFont :(
Let me check that. This seems to be wrong.

[Edit] Right, it is not possible. Well, you can do that in other, not so good, way: create xml with ResourceManualFont and load it (don't need to save it into file to load it). I'll add possibility to create ResourceManualFont from code, but don't have time to do that now.
Last edited by Altren on 06 Jun 2013, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.
Altren

Post by Altren »

2 pvdk I got it now. But I still believe, that it is not a good idea to add such features into gui engine, since it would make it more complex. It is way easier to do such things in image editor. I understand, that this is not possible in OpenMW case, but this feature is too project specific to be added.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

ResourceImageSetPointer needs to have member accessors to implement hardware cursors.
It doesn't matter for us, since we had to add a Rotate property anyway, and use a subclass of ResourceImageSetPointer. Just thought I'd mention.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Is there anywhere else where I could post my patches? The MyGUI forum seems to be really quiet.

double-click-bug.patch
clipboard-events.patch
Altren

Post by Altren »

We are currently not spending enough time on MyGUI, so it takes a while to apply some complex patches.

I replied to one of your patches in MyGUI forum.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Altren,

please take a look at this topic. I am evaluating if OpenMW can continue to use an upstream version of MyGUI.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I'll try to get his attention today, I know he was working on the next release but he was going to put less time in it because of real-life changes.
EmperorArthur

Post by EmperorArthur »

pvdk wrote:
Altren wrote:Well, those textures can be united during loading, but again it is easier to do that in image editor, rather than slow down startup time.
Combining them with an image editor is not an option for us, since we can't ship Morrowind content due to copyright.
A solution to this problem is to ship an automated image editing program with openmw. We can have it run as part of the install process. It's not an ideal solution, but based on what Altren said, it might provide a decent speed boost. Especially if that large image can be cached in GPU memory.