script life cycle

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Darklocq

Re: script life cycle

Post by Darklocq »

Gez wrote: 21 May 2013, 14:28 Actually, it had like ten near-identical copies of the same script with different IDs, and only the first had kept its source code, with the text file explaining how to recreate the source code for the other scripts if you wanted to change stuff and recompile.
What does this mean in OpenMW terms? I desperately want that mod to work. Does this require building a new .ESP file with MS Windows tools?
Loriel

Re: script life cycle

Post by Loriel »

Darklocq wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 23:07
Gez wrote: 21 May 2013, 14:28 Actually, it had like ten near-identical copies of the same script with different IDs, and only the first had kept its source code, with the text file explaining how to recreate the source code for the other scripts if you wanted to change stuff and recompile.
What does this mean in OpenMW terms? I desperately want that mod to work. Does this require building a new .ESP file with MS Windows tools?
If you are referring to CD Cooley's Companion Teleportation, this question was answered at viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4390#p48098 - the linked file appears to work satisfactorily.

Alternatively I think the fixes can be made in the OpenMW CS, though I've not tried it myself - as I understand it, just duplicate the script another 19 times and change its name (and probably a variable name or two).

Loriel