Wow, thanks for this!

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
mechanizeddeath

Wow, thanks for this!

Post by mechanizeddeath »

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in this.

I haven't checked on the project in a while, I first found it several years ago when it was still being written in D. Happened to stumble upon it again and I'm happy to see that it is alive and well. :D Not to mention how far it has come, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to install the engine, point it to my files, and interact with the game world. It didn't even fret that my game files were buried in the Steam directory on a drive other than C:\, since I had at least a few mods take issue with that over the years.

Morrowind is one of my favorite games of all time, and probably beats even the few MMOs I've played in terms of hours logged. I try to dust off my copy every few months or so and spend at least a few hours wandering around, and it never ceases to amaze me how I can still manage to find something I've never seen before, (or at least don't remember seeing) in a game I've spent this much time in.

I wish I had the coding skills to contribute, sadly my experience with C++ is pretty much limited to "Hello World!" and not much beyond that. But I did want to say thanks to everyone involved in this project, your work is greatly appreciated!