Magic effect quirk

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Lazaroth

Magic effect quirk

Post by Lazaroth »

When looking at the magic effect stacking thread, I remembered a spell quirk I don't know if it's accounted for or not.

When using an item that has several spells on it, the spells are not applied all at once, but rather one after the other, very fast.

This can be frustrating when e.g. creating a ring of fiery death, where you add weakness to fire + fire damage. If you put it in the wrong order, you don't get the weakness.

If it was up to me, this behaviour should not be replicated.
Greendogo

Re: Magic effect quirk

Post by Greendogo »

What if you intended to stack spell effects in a specific order? I think we could just inform the player that the spell effects are activated in the order that they are in the effect list; maybe using a tool-tip or something? Or you could put a little reminder at the top or bottom of the effects list that says: "Be aware that spell effects trigger in the order they appear here"
TorbenC

Re: Magic effect quirk

Post by TorbenC »

I believe this behavior should definitely be replicated. As stated above what if you intended to stack them in a specific order, this is always the case (at least for my multi-effect enchantments).