[Research Request] Levelup image

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
scrawl

[Research Request] Levelup image

Post by scrawl »

Where does the image in the levelup dialogue come from? It seems to be one of the images from textures\levelup, there's one image for each pre-made class in that folder. We have to know which of these images to use. It could depend on class specialization, level number or anything really.
WeirdSexy

Re: [Research Request] Levelup image

Post by WeirdSexy »

The selected image appears to be determined by class alone. Doesn't appear to change with specialization, race, level number, or birthsign, but I haven't run a completely exhaustive test. Just select the image in that folder, textures/levelup, "playerclass.dds". To my knowledge, if you make a custom class, Morrowind assigns your class the image of the last stock class you had selected.

EDIT: Ok, scratch what I said about custom classes. It appears what I said about stock classes is true, however. I will report back with additional testing results concerning custom classes.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

My conclusion after some more scientific testing is that the level up image is set:

If the player character is using a stock class, use the image associated with that class.

If the player character is using a custom class, use the acrobat image.

The acrobat class is the first class listed alphabetically, so it makes sense that they would use this as a default value.

I propose a better solution would be to use the "Warrior" image for custom classes with specialization set to "Combat", the "Mage" image for custom classes with specialization set to "Magic", and the "Thief" image for custom classes with specialization set to "Stealth". But that's all up to you, just my two cents.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

WeirdSexy wrote:I propose a better solution would be to use the "Warrior" image for custom classes with specialization set to "Combat", the "Mage" image for custom classes with specialization set to "Magic", and the "Thief" image for custom classes with specialization set to "Stealth". But that's all up to you, just my two cents.
I totally agree that this would be a MUCH better implementation of the custom class image selection.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

indeed, that was my very first thought about how morrowind should pick the image...
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

TorbenC wrote:
WeirdSexy wrote: I totally agree that this would be a MUCH better implementation of the custom class image selection.
Okay, let's do that then.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Fine with me.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Cool! :D