OpenMW on the Raspberry Pi Zero

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
scrawl

Re: OpenMW on the Raspberry Pi Zero

Post by scrawl »

You can use the keypad to control the mouse, so either you can map your arrow keys to the keypad or you can even try editing openmw's input_v3.xml to add a custom keybinding for the mouselook actions.

12 keys should be enough for the basic controls, I think. But you can't use combinations.
RobbiBlechdose

Post by RobbiBlechdose »

scrawl wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 17:21 You can use the keypad to control the mouse
<snip>
But you can't use combinations.
Thanks for the quick answer!
But, what do you mean by "keypad"? And are combinations a thing you could add?
Also, what about the menus, will the mouse be moveable via keyboard keys there as well?
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Just a heads up, this seems relevant to this thread, but there's a new B model out.
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

i have it laid out on 16 with 2 modifiers so all this is based upon there being a keymapper available for pi with the ability to do the same..... 12 would be doable but you would need a means of accessing menu's and other non essential functions. does your device have a touchscreen and are the mobile versions controls present on the version you compiled for pi? if yes, profit ! if not hmmmm you woupd really have to minamalistic and the modifiers most likely wouldnt have a lot of rhyme or reason to them. ill share my layout upon request, its mapped to a ps4 controller and contains every function except quickload and the virtual keyboard deploy laid out in a means that made sense to me. maybe it coule serve as a starting point. id probably try on pi3 b+, its got twice the ram. neither of them has an emmc chip :( and im not familiar with the gpu manufacturer but it does have a decent opengl driver....sooner or later sombodys going to write a 64 bit kernel and thats bound to help your endeavors. best of luck.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

OpenMW runs on RPi2 B+ and RPi3, only by the virtue of the fact that it has enough RAM. You need to allocate enough for the VC4 and for Linux itself.

The VC4 is more than capable of rendering vanilla Morrowind via OpenMW with 15fps @ 1080p outside.

I've already written about this elsewhere in the forums.
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

RobbiBlechdose wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 10:35 Thanks,
but the Pi Zero is a faster version (overclocked) of the B+, and both only have 512 Megs of RAM.
So if it works on the B+, shouldn't it do so on the Zero too?
And just out of curiosity: What would prevent OpenMW from using GLES? I understand there was (is?) an android port which used GLES.
says the pi zero is 933mhz single core broadcom (yuck) processor with 512mb of ram . that is right around the games minimum system requirements....on a single core arm based processor and i assume gpu ? it didnt mention one but its most likely got the same one the pi b+ has , unless thats incorrect your chances are slim to none. the pi3 b+ on the otherhand is a quad core broadcom processor at 1.2 ghz (which isnt lightspeed)with a gpu ive never heard of at 400mhz 1gb of ram. its really not that much bigger than the pi zero if you were to get rid of the Ethernet port and swap the usbs out for micros you would be left with a relatively flat board a lil less than twice the zeros size but nearly the same width .....probably want the gpio for screen. plus one of these days someone is going to write a 64bit kernel for the b+ i dont think the zeros processor is 64bit. in my opinion this is much more feasible hardware to attempt on . i think somebody compiled it for odroid succesfully.