DaggerXL

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

DaggerXL

Post by lgromanowski »

Greendogo wrote: Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here is interested in DaggerXL, since it is a project with similar goals towards Daggerfall as OpenMW has towards Morrowind.

For those in the know, DaggerXL has been experience some downtime as the project creator and sole programmer has been going through what he has termed "crunch time", which we take to mean he had sh*t to do. Anyways, he's back and has been aggressively getting caught up to speed aiming for a soonish release of version .20 (almost there at version .198)

For those interested in Lucius's (the esteemed leader of DaggerXL) project, here's a link to the release blog and the forums.
ap0 wrote: i'm following this project closely for quite some time.
Lucius is really impressive !
Star-Demon wrote: Been looking t it on and off. TBH I don't know what to think - it really needs to play smoother than DF would now under emulation.
sir_herrbatka wrote: I hope that this project will make daggerfall playable again.
Star-Demon wrote: it kinda has, it just needs a little cleaning up and more functionality.
Greendogo wrote: Yeah, Lucius has already finished a staggering amount of work just by himself. He's very quick.

There's also a good community of modders over there focused on updating the old textures/GUI and music that remains quite active even when Lucius is absent for a while.
raevol wrote: I'm voraciously following DaggerXL. I'm really sad it's not open source. (unless I am sorely mistaken?)
raevol wrote: Some news about the DaggerXL source, for those interested:

http://daggerxl.50.forumer.com/viewtopi ... 3757#p3757

He says he's going to release the source with Beta.