Developer Documentation

A generic talk on the OpenMW project.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Developer Documentation

Post by lgromanowski »

Zini wrote: I started to put some of the standards and policies we are using into the wiki: http://openmw.org/wiki/index.php?title= ... _Standards

This is a lot of work and will probably not be finished any time soon.

Please feel free to edit these pages for grammar, spelling, layout and such. Also, where applicable adding suitable illustrations would be welcome (dependency diagrams and such).
Star-Demon wrote: Nice. The dependency page will be helpful. I'll have to add that to my guide.

I'll make a picture for that for the Visual-Types out there.

Here ya go:

Zini wrote: Nice. I would remove the "all others" and the "only" comments, since they are obvious just from looking at the diagram. Also, the arrow's colour doesn't make much sense. Other than that it can go straight into the wiki page.
Star-Demon wrote:
Zini wrote:Nice. I would remove the "all others" and the "only" comments, since they are obvious just from looking at the diagram. Also, the arrow's colour doesn't make much sense. Other than that it can go straight into the wiki page.
The arrow's color indicates safety. I added the words for the sake of being explicit. "Everything is for beginners. Take no chances." :)
Star-Demon wrote: While we are discussing documentation,

If there's a way for MSVC (or eclipse, if you somehow like Eclipse's hardly useful CDT) to pull deoxy information, we should see if we show how to do that, otherwise I'd like to find a way to include the same documentation I use for my C# projects. Very helpful if we could do either.

While I'm feeling artsy - I should make a OpenMW Session Flowchart. Sometimes a little structure goes a long way with some folk.
Zini wrote:
If there's a way for MSVC (or eclipse, if you somehow like Eclipse's hardly useful CDT) to pull deoxy informatio
I doubt that MSVC offers something that works well with cross-platform tools. Maybe there is a 3rd party plugin. No idea. And no idea about eclipse either.
Star-Demon wrote:
Zini wrote:
If there's a way for MSVC (or eclipse, if you somehow like Eclipse's hardly useful CDT) to pull deoxy informatio
I doubt that MSVC offers something that works well with cross-platform tools. Maybe there is a 3rd party plugin. No idea. And no idea about eclipse either.
I'll do some google-fu on solutions, if any. TBH I wish we could do it with Deoxy because it handles several styles.
Zini wrote:
The arrow's color indicates safety. I added the words for the sake of being explicit. "Everything is for beginners. Take no chances
Personally I find redundant information rather confusing than helpful. But okay. I don't mind. Please add it to the wiki.