Which one will we see first?

A generic talk on the OpenMW project.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Which one will we see first?

Post by lgromanowski »

chewit wrote: TES5: Skyrim: 11/11/11
OpenMW 1.0: TBA

Just out of interest, which one do you think we will see first???
raevol wrote: Skyrim, assuming no delays in the release. Which I would be really surprised about...

Bethesda has one important thing we don't: money. Other than that we're way cooler. :D
Zini wrote: TES5. We would be able to beat it, if everybody would be working at the same speed as in the first few weeks after the reorganisation. I don't see that happening. But if we can at least keep up the current development speed, OpenMW won't take much longer than TES5.
Greendogo wrote:
raevol wrote:Bethesda has one important thing we don't: money. Other than that we're way cooler. :D
Well, I would say that the ES community is what makes Bethesda cool in the first place. And seeing as how OpenMW is one of the coolest community projects of all time OpenMW should = Bethesda in coolness points. However, going into a deeper analysis, we see that Morrowind > Oblivion, and will most likely > Skyrim. Therefore the Bethesda of yesteryear > the Bethesda of today, which means that OpenMW is indeed > Bethesda of today.
Sslaxx wrote:
Greendogo wrote:
raevol wrote:Bethesda has one important thing we don't: money. Other than that we're way cooler. :D
Well, I would say that the ES community is what makes Bethesda cool in the first place. And seeing as how OpenMW is one of the coolest community projects of all time OpenMW should = Bethesda in coolness points. However, going into a deeper analysis, we see that Morrowind > Oblivion, and will most likely > Skyrim. Therefore the Bethesda of yesteryear > the Bethesda of today, which means that OpenMW is indeed > Bethesda of today.
But even so, Skyrim sounds like it should be superior to Oblivion.