Check-in time!

A generic talk on the OpenMW project.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Check-in time!

Post by lgromanowski »

raevol wrote: Been awfully quiet around here lately. I know devs have been working hard on this and that, but why doesn't every one check in on what's been going on with them? Even if it's "been too busy with life", let us know what you've been doing!
safferli wrote: Sir Herribatka (I think) does roughly weekly updates of what has been going on with the devs. Is that what you were looking for?
Zini wrote: Well, the weekly update only shows the absence of most developers. I agree it has become awful quiet. Its not unusual for a volunteer project, that some people have to take some time off occasionally. However with the larger number of developers I was hoping they wouldn't go inactive (nearly) all at the same time so we could keep up some kind of momentum.
Been awfully quiet around here lately. I know devs have been working hard on this and that, but why doesn't every one check in on what's been going on with them? Even if it's "been too busy with life", let us know what you've been doing!
We are doing something similar at the U9 Redemption project. A status post once per month of every team member. This measure is supposed to keep the team focussed. The results are pretty mediocre. I suspect it would work even less good with OpenMW. But we can try anyway, if the majority of the developers think it is a good idea.
sir_herrbatka wrote: actually i think that developers are doing great job, just not at the moment ;-)

I think that forcing developers is wrong. But maybe we can set up "I'm proud of my job!" topic or something like that. Proper information about progress should be posted after new release anyway.
Hircine wrote: Although I'm not a developer, I do frequent here a fair bit (to moderate)
and help out somewhat too.

I took a bit of time to work on this:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=178612
Star-Demon wrote: I'm checking forums with regularity - but not working on anything at the moment - school occupies most of my coding and math time. If we finish ironing out the player class I could volunteer to implement game stuff.

However, if we release - I'll be able to make a video - I also am trying to squeeze in learning OGRE so I can understand and work with the API better, but this is a "want" superseded by many" needs".

Life might get rough for me soon, but for now I'm in good shape.
raevol wrote:
safferli wrote:Sir Herribatka (I think) does roughly weekly updates of what has been going on with the devs. Is that what you were looking for?
No. Thanks though. :)
Zini wrote:We are doing something similar at the U9 Redemption project. A status post once per month of every team member. This measure is supposed to keep the team focussed. The results are pretty mediocre. I suspect it would work even less good with OpenMW. But we can try anyway, if the majority of the developers think it is a good idea.
I wasn't really proposing that we organize something, I was just hoping to ping the devs to check to make sure this project didn't need another reboot.
gus wrote: "been too busy with life" :lol:

besides, there was a lot of activity in the forum with bullet as we had to decide how to implement it. Now that we have decided, it's normal that the forum activity drop.
Lordrea wrote: I've also "been too busy with life."

Though, still around via PM or email if needed. I do check the forums at various frequencies.