Hi from the MERP Team

A generic talk on the OpenMW project.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Hi from the MERP Team

Post by lgromanowski »

Captain wrote: Hello! I'm Captain, one of the leaders of MERP. I read your latest article and your project seems interesting and promising, if you move to Oblivion at some point. So i'd like to get in touch with the leader of this project for more information, but i see that you have an anti-bot "post-limit before being able to send pms", right? I didn't find any spam thread so i thought i'd post here, rather than spam around.

Thanks!
~Captain~
sir_herrbatka wrote: Hi!

I find MERP mod interesting if you decide to move toward morrowind at some point. Besides: if you are able to contact with our leader tell him that we WANT HIM BACK.

Ok, now seriously. If you have questions: ask them. If you have ideas: split them out.
Zini wrote:
Besides: if you are able to contact with our leader tell him that we WANT HIM BACK.
Funny! ;)

Anyway, we don't have any plans to create an OpenOblivion. It is possible, that someone will create a project for Oblivion that is based on OpenMW. But I think with the current team the interest in such a project is quite low. Personally I have no intention of going down the Oblivion road.
Captain wrote: Well i thought you were going to do it as we have no intention of moving to MW. Instead, we are strongly considering to move to the Creation Engine(Skyrim), but that is IF the new Construction Kit has a heighmap editor and a Script Editor.
sir_herrbatka wrote: You should consider what do you need. If only tools than oblivion should be ok. If you want to make changes in game mechanics and other hard coded things than you may want openMW (but it may take some time to reach status when you can actualy do more for openmw than for oblivion).
Star-Demon wrote:
Captain wrote:Well i thought you were going to do it as we have no intention of moving to MW. Instead, we are strongly considering to move to the Creation Engine(Skyrim), but that is IF the new Construction Kit has a heighmap editor and a Script Editor.
Welcome!

I am pretty sure they have the same kind of tools for Skyrim. They screwed the pooch about it in an recent interview. It's really a matter if they choose to release - I don't see why not.
Captain wrote: There IS going to be a Construction Kit but, unfortunately, we don't know its functions yet. So we are not set on anything. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it ;)